The stupidity of starting a party - Page 4 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The stupidity of starting a party

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#76 Garlantec

Garlantec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Meh, I should create a priest aswell, sometime in the future, as I'm probably one of the VERY few old-timers left, who enjoys helping other people. I hate all those spoiled brats, roaming the channels these days, only looking for their own profit in everything.

I'm raising a monk-to-be aco at the moment and despite having only lvl 1 healing skills, I somehow managed to heal a party through Wolves Cave yesterday, while still managing a good attitude.. (was getting a tad bossy sometimes, as people tend to mess up, if they're left on a long leash.. it's all for the bigger cause!)#

And I prefer creating my own parties aswell, if a decent one doesn't turn up after 2 minutes.. else you'd be sitting ducks in front of the dungeon forever and just watch the "solos" spam their "LFP".

Cherio!

Edited by Garlantec, 14 May 2013 - 10:18 PM.

#77 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Just took a look at sorcs skills and.. is there a reason (apart from not many people liking healing) that we don't see many healin sorcs? The skills look quite adequate but obviously I have no idea how they work in practice.

#78 Garlantec

Garlantec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Just took a look at sorcs skills and.. is there a reason (apart from not many people liking healing) that we don't see many healin sorcs? The skills look quite adequate but obviously I have no idea how they work in practice.

Expect 50% of the trash-talk about a class to be unjustified. You're better off trying it out yourself, lvling's pretty easy, so if you ever get bored...

Long live the biasity~

Cherio

Edited by Garlantec, 14 May 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#79 Cer89

Cer89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Wooooooooooooooow.What is so hard about forming a party?

General tab>/3 Find Party uncheck /1 /2
Chatting Tab> Uncheck /1,/2,/3

General Tab
Find a DPS/Tank/Healer who is LFG then invite them.
Find someone who is LFxM/Need/ x/5 Healer/Tank/Dps then whisper them what role you are playing as.

Chatting Tab
If you are looking for a Dps/Tank/Healer then you need to check for any whispers when general chat gets spammed.
If you are looking for a group whisper then go to Chatting Tab because sometimes the recruiter wants to know what class you are or level before they send invite. If no response after a minute whisper the recruiter again your role/class and usually they will tell you they are full or nothing at all because they disbanded and joined another group.

Using (N) to find/recruit other members is obvious.

#80 saizo

saizo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

Lvl 50 FS priest. Saizo At your service. Wanna know how I got to 50 in less than a week? Being a social butterfly. No matter what map I was questing in if I saw any melee class i was like "Heeeeey whats up buddy! wanna team up!?" 7/10 they say yes and then you get to you spam quests like a mofo. I like the social aspect of being a priest. But yeah it's a stressful job. Everything is your fault, even if the tank pulls the whole room i usually get "why no heal?" but helping friends has always made it fun for me :p_smile:

I don't get these priests you guys are talkin' about that wont join a party that's 1/5 or etc. since dungeon finder is broken, all I do is sit on my hands looking for RHD's to join.

Edited by saizo, 14 May 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#81 Garlantec

Garlantec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Lvl 50 FS priest. Saizo At your service. Wanna know how I got to 50 in less than a week? Being a social butterfly. No matter what map I was questing in if I saw any melee class i was like "Heeeeey whats up buddy! wanna team up!?" 7/10 they say yes and then you get to you spam quests like a mofo. I like the social aspect of being a priest. But yeah it's a stressful job. Everything is your fault, even if the tank pulls the whole room i usually get "why no heal?" but helping friends has always made it fun for me :p_smile:

I don't get these priests you guys are talkin' about that wont join a party that's 1/5 or etc. since dungeon finder is broken, all I do is sit on my hands looking for RHD's to join.

Your doing it right! Now go, teach'em youngsters how to be a successfull priest!

#82 3168130513180056513

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

So, my God, is it just all Priests who're stupid? I've had 3 priests tell me no because they want already full parties to accommodate them, as opposed to joining up with a single party member, and then using the sway of a 2 person party with a priest to recruit others.

It's absolutely the stupidest mindset I've ever seen, and it's entirely the reason parties are so damn hard to make.

Pro tip guys, don't expect to be added to 4-person parties. Actively create them. I've seen a bunch of players all sitting around by themselves trying to make parties instead of TEAMING UP WITH EACH OTHER.

Ya, welcome to MMO's. Lots of people who try to play support are derps who think "I'm a very important class, thus everyone bow to me!"

It's funny but also depressing.

#83 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Server:Yet

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

The very first instance that you are able to use a healing sorcerer (Izlude Cave) is all you'll really need to know about how well they work.

Emblem of Earth - > Tank rushes in on boss - > Drop LoR on Tank - > all rush in on boss - > Maintain LoR until boss is killed (with the occasional Healing Wave/Deluge when necessary).

Did most of my early leveling on <insert competing company's name here> with Healing Sorcerer mainly doing dungeons. Got the whole "- of Abysmal Retaliation" equip set just dropping Land of Recovery.

#84 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

might make sorc my alt then... Want to see how well that pet you summon can heal

#85 Ethasi

Ethasi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

might make sorc my alt then... Want to see how well that pet you summon can heal

Do you mean the water elemental? It doesn't heal at all. It instead does damage. If you're talking about the mermaid, that's our best heal... but it can only be used once every 2 minutes.

#86 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

I think it really is just "people don't like healing." Also, I've heard that sorcs used to have better healing skills but they were nerfed. They're still pretty good though, so they must've been pretty amazing before.

Do sorcs heal in raids at level 50?

They're expected to, but they don't always.

#87 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

hmm i guess the skillsim is wrong, it says it increased max hp and heals =S

#88 Ethasi

Ethasi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, that is Deluge... If you pop earth seal before using it, it's pretty amazing. Though, once again, you can only use it once every two minutes. Sorry, I assumed you meant the other summon, which just does damage.

Edited by Ethasi, 14 May 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#89 Zhenocnra

Zhenocnra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Deluge and Summon Aqua are two separate things. Deluge heals and Summon Aqua deals damage.

#90 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

So, I'm totally not reading 4 pages worth of posts, but I did read the first page. :P

All I can say is, as a priest, the only times I've turned down party requests was when it was someone I didn't know, who was spamming me or simply inviting me without saying a word. I've got a few people who're now on my ignore list for literally SPAMMING invite, when I kept rejecting. Mind you that wasnt even by a dungeon, that was in the nearby camp. As for the party of 4 thing, I've no idea. I've started a few, but for myself, if I've never been in a dungeon, I don't feel comfortable making the party since I don't know the encounters.

That said, if you want a priest to party you.. try being nice to ones you see out soloing. I've only really run into this problem the last few days in Maple Forest where I've been forced to solo quest, but if you see a healer who's just starting the same zone you are or on the same quests... be nice and offer to party with them. Killing everything with level 1 holy light (even with aspersio), takes forever. FOREVER. I remember partying with 2 sins back in payon where I literally couldn't even get a holy light off, I just trailed around them healing and it worked out amazingly. Mass murder sprees ftw. I've done quite a few dungeons where I needed nothing, just to go back and help people who helped me quest. I'd be out soloing and get a PM from XYZ person, and go help if I had the time, which usually I did. I can't tell you how many times I did Izlude Cave, Payon Dungeon and Temple of the Sea God. Izlude was especially painful since it's 5x to just get the medra khara done. >.o

#91 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

Meh, I should create a priest aswell, sometime in the future, as I'm probably one of the VERY few old-timers left, who enjoys helping other people. I hate all those spoiled brats, roaming the channels these days, only looking for their own profit in everything.

I'm raising a monk-to-be aco at the moment and despite having only lvl 1 healing skills, I somehow managed to heal a party through Wolves Cave yesterday, while still managing a good attitude.. (was getting a tad bossy sometimes, as people tend to mess up, if they're left on a long leash.. it's all for the bigger cause!)#

And I prefer creating my own parties aswell, if a decent one doesn't turn up after 2 minutes.. else you'd be sitting ducks in front of the dungeon forever and just watch the "solos" spam their "LFP".

Cherio!

Choreographing a party isn't bossy if they're not able to manage it without direction. Some people just need to be reminded of their most important role during dungeons.

#92 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Cradle Of The Mind

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Was about to highlight this lol.

Sorc healers are viable though. They have the AoE heals that Priests lack.

;< That's unfortunate. You must attract all of the horrible healing sorcerers with your elitist high standards for everyone but yourself.

If he can only get bad Sorc healers, it's because he ignores the good Sorc healers.

So far I've not yet met a sorc who knows he CAN heal.

Do sorcs heal in raids at level 50?

Yes. All the time. Heck, I might even go as far as to say that they're required in raids due to their amazing 20% def buff and great AoE heals.

Edited by Aeynia, 15 May 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#93 NiaAdha

NiaAdha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

i'm a FS ppriestess.one of the class i love teaming up with and stays by my side is a sorcerer, given he/she have at least have land of recovery.
just so that a renovatio is enough to keep me alive while healing people. ^_^

#94 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yes, I know. But that doesn't change the fact that the chat system in this game is severely limiting. It doesn't flash a tabbed chat or play a sound when you receive whispers like it does in other games (WoW, RO2, Aion). I don't even want to start with the fact that this damn game carried over the horrible character limit.

What? I totally hear a little sound (sorta a beep) every time I get a whisper. I don't think I configured it, either..

#95 IcedLance

IcedLance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

I've been itching for a long time now and finally decided to speak up for Healers. This will be one long rant.

I've been a healer in A LOT of MMOs, basically every MMO i've played before. Healing is what i LOVE most. Only accidentally I've became a tank in RO2. I hope that makes me a good tank, as though I'm not so good at switching targets and holding threat on everything, I believe that I understand healers and try to make their job as easy as possible. Even if it annoys DPS. (ur dps! ur job is already simple enough, im not gonna make it even easier!)

Healers are most sought for players in most games. Not even just MMORPG. In LoL most people prefer to play dps too.
Obviously that puts healers in high demand. That doesnt change their supply much though. Of course still some players decide to make a healer just to have no trouble finding a party/raid, but such people mostly either don't make all the way or become those dps priests that fail at healing and shoot lightning around instead. Such cases are minority, as they eventualy start playing something they really enjoy.

What's left are those nice guys who honestly enjoy healing people. I want to stress that absolutely MOST people choose to play HEAL because they are NICE. Like real trying-to-help-everyone-around-even-if-it-hurts-himself nice. They can't hate others even if they do -_-, they can only be disappointed; they can't be mean only because they want to, they already aim for greater good.

If a priest didn't rez you before looting it may be because he's a turd, most likely he was just distracted/spaced out after a hard fight. If he didn't join your party, maybe he had some other agreement.

If he didn't join you and said he wants a full party, maybe he just thinks that those, who already went through trouble of gathering 4 people deserve to be prioritized than some guy who was most likely use him as a leverage to get himself a party on his conditions (like not allowing other people of his class in). You could have gathered 4 people yourself before inviting a priest. (We know who that part of rant was aimed at.)

Then most priests do all the dungeons so many times that every next time literally hurts them. Limited number of people cant satisfy everyone.
Especially since half of them don't even bother to be nice and think of that poor guy who has all the responsibility and has it hardest.
Other players on their team tend to ignore aoe (because it's not their job to watch their health), ignore ads (it's not their job again), ignore strategy (those stupid stratedies hurt their dps) and don't do breaks (why would they if their health is full). Also sometimes dps think that sharing 1 pack of mobs is lame and pull a pack each.
Ofc noone focuses anything ever too. Tank's supposed to keep his threat off that deviant rogue by AOE alone, or he's a bad tank and it's all his fault (just some personal insecurity, noone complained yet, but happens often).
Anywai priests are SICK of most dungeons, they see them more as a DUTY than some exciting new experiense. They likely don't need anything from it any more.

So some requests (not demands) like getting all greens (maybe they need mats to level BS) or doing trash (Khara) aren't outrageous demands, it's them trying to get SOMETHING for their WORK. They're being your personal guardian angel and tolerate all your quirks and as you will never get that thought yourself, they try to make you do something nice to them too.

As a most in-demand class, priests find parties to dungeons in a flash, because that's one of the few things that actually REQUIRE a healer. But once they're outside... They're just a bother (except world-bosses). They're slow, they have no damage output, they leech on your experience...

People don't understand how hard it is to level in a grind-based game with only one damaging spell. That is not their problem. Priests are supposed to be somewhere around always ready to heal a dungeon/boss/whatever, never have any needs and poop rainbows all around. People generally avoid forming a static leveling party with anyone but their IRL buddies. Synchronizing your play-time is a butt. Thus people rarely party for more than a few quests and only when they discover that they have all the same quests. Such coincidences are a rare thing and people HATE doing same thing over again for someone else's sake.

And that is even worse in priests' case. As I already mentioned grinding with only one dmg spell is ridiculously frustrating. If i have a miniboss to kill on my young priest i most often fight it for long enough that people around get annoyed and finish it for me. That means that most Khara are just out of question. Only the most basic and necessary quests. That's why wherever I go on my warior i see loads of underleveled (relative to the aone they're in) priests bunching up together to do quests like some OUTCASTS. Because apparently only other priests bother to help their kind. They not only have to do less quests to avoid going insane, they also share the combat experience with each other which SETS THEM BACK even more.

Think about it. How many of you helped a priest even once on your way to 50? Not with some world boss or dungeon (it's a moot point who helped who there), but in their everyday questing, grinding, something boring.

Seeing how people ignore others in dungeons (dont wait for dead before looting, not waiting for casters to eat, stealing tanking rings from tanks and shouting NEED! when a dps ring drops 5 minutes later =/) i don't expect many did.

So the point of this rant is: Be mindful of those who have your back in the toughest moments. Next time you login into the game - ask in LFG or Public or Trade if some priest needs help with his quests. They try to avoid bothering other people with their own problems, but they DESPERATELY NEED someone to be bothered.

And even if you don't have time for that (who are we kidding, it's not about time) - please at least tell your friends about priests' hardships and give them a nudge towards being generous once in a while and giving some of their time to help those in need.

If you do that, you will notice soon that your friendlist is packed with happy high-level priests ready to jump into action at a wave of your hand.

Be Nice.

Thanks.

#96 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Well I did a run of Abandoned lab with hybrid healing sorc the other day.

If a sorc can heal that well with only LoR and I think one other spell, they seem to be pretty awesome.

#97 MutekiElements

MutekiElements

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

So many people generalizing. In both sides of the argument.

#98 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Again, they have the right to turn you down if they please. Maybe they don't think you'll be able to get the other roles filled. Maybe they're looking to party with specific people, or just a particular make up of classes. They don't have to party with you just because you spammed them with an invite.

if he has problems with priests turning him down, wait till he talks to women!

#99 Bufkus

Bufkus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

I've never heard of priests who do this. Every priest I know is starting a party or joining existing ones regardless of size.

#100 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

Anywai priests are SICK of most dungeons, they see them more as a DUTY than some exciting new experiense. They likely don't need anything from it any more.

Dear god yes

If I had a dollar for every time I told someone "No, I don't feel like doing that dungeon/boss again" but then ended up doing it anyway out of pity or just to get them to stop asking, I'd be a very wealthy woman.

Also, thinking about it more, I think part of the reason you don't see healer sorcs at a low level is because most of the sorc's healing skills are at the tip of the skill tree. If they didn't plan ahead and save up skill points from their magician days it's going to take them a while to get skills like LoR and deluge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users