#1 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:09 PM

I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of new players since coming here last May. Some are true newbies and have never played Rose before. But more and more I've been meeting players who have a lot of experience in Rose but not in Evolution. I think of us (yes, I do include myself in this group) as Evo-Newbies and this thread will hopefully make their adjustment a little easier.

I'm sure I will forget stuff so please let me know if you notice something big is missing. For those who just want an overview, read the "bullets" (bold text). For those who want more details, click on the spoilers.  The list is in alphabetical order because it will be easier to refer to and it's in a few posts so there is room to add more stuff.

Disclaimer: The information here is accurate as of this date. But remember that this is evo so things can and usually do change. I will update as needed.

ADVENTURER'S PLAINS- New map and quests. (See Jobs)

AMMO- Available from NPC's (see Weapons below for the specifics). A nice feature for new players is the fact that the lowest quality of each ammo type (cannon shells for launchers; bean bullets for guns; and wooden arrows for bows) is free... yes, I said free as in costs 0 zulie. Be aware tho that all ammo here has some weight

-Ammo can also be crafted by an artisan. Check these wiki pages for more information

http://rose.irowiki....ift_Boxes_Craft

http://rose.irowiki....ift_Boxes_Craft

APPRAISAL- Done by NPC's only (for brand new players, this is for the hidden stats that will sometimes be on equipment that drops from monsters)

Spoiler

ARMOR - Monster drops

-Buy from NPC up to level 200

-Craftable by an artisan up to level 200 (also see Reinforcing)

-Buy from Valor Shop level 50 – 240 (weps to 225) (see Valor and Honor)

-Buy from Honor Shop level 100 – 240 (weps to 225) (see Valor and Honor)

Junon Planet

Spoiler

Luna Planet

Spoiler

Eldeon Planet

Spoiler

Orlo Planet

Spoiler

CHARACTER LEVEL CAP is 250

CLANS

There was a new clan system added when the servers merged in 2015. It's very different from the old system. Check out this guide for more information.

CLANFIELDS- Junon Clanfield is restricted to characters level 30 -89 who hold the rank of Commander or higher

-Luna Clanfield can be entered by any character level 70 or higher (regardless of rank) as long as they are in a clan

COSTUME TAB alt I- Any gear can be used as a costume as long as you meet the requirements for the items,

-Some sets give bonuses if worn as costume (stated on each item)

Spoiler

DRILLS- Used to make sockets in equipment so gems can be placed there.

DRIVING- Cart at lvl 50- quest slightly different

-Castle Gear at level 110

Spoiler

DROP NAMES- hold crtl on your keyboard to see the drop names

- Press crtl and alt together to have the names of dropped items always visible (until you log out)

DROP SYSTEM HAS CHANGED

Spoiler

Edited by HoneyBunz, 12 April 2018 - 12:04 PM.

#2 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

ELEMENTS

Spoiler

ENCHANTMENT SCROLLS- Blank Enchantment Scrolls are used to remove substats from an item

- Imbued Enchantment Scrolls- A scroll with substats on it from an item. (see Substats)

Spoiler

FORGOTTEN TEMPLE (Luna)- This map is no longer a pvp zone. Walk into the dark area near the NPC to enter it

GAME ARENA  alt G (same window that has the Group option)

The Gane Arena is a system that allows players to join instances of pvp games as well as pvm dungeons.

Spoiler

GEMS- Some are crafted, others are monster drops. Some have level requirements

- Every item of equipment can be gemmed

Spoiler

GROUPS alt g then "group" side tab- up to 15 people including leader

Spoiler

INTERPLANETARY TRAVEL

– Luna- level 70- quest required

- Eldeon – level 120

-Orlo- level 180 after quest in Oblivion Temple

City of Muris- level 200 (must have done Fate quest)

Spoiler

ITEM MALL- In-game shop where items can be purchased with points. Click on the gold coins in the corner of the mini map to open the IM

Im points are purchased with Warpportal energy at the website. Just log in at the website http://www.roseonlinegame.com/

If you are new to the Item Mall, this guide might help

Spoiler

JEWELRY (aka accessories)

-Jewelry items have base stats but no sockets

- Can be drilled to make a socket for a gem

- Can also have substats with the use of an Imbued Enchanted Scroll of the correct item grade

Spoiler

JOBS- 1st job still level 10 but no quest necessary

-2nd job quest level 100

Spoiler

LUXEM – New map and quests

Edited by HoneyBunz, 18 November 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#3 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

OBLIVION TEMPLE

-Location- El Verloon

-Minimum level to enter is 130

- Monster levels range from 145- 170

Spoiler

PARADIGM RUNES

Spoiler

PARTIES

a. Max number of people in a party is 6 but you can have 6 in a level 1 party

b. In order for experience to be shared in a party, the members must be within 19 levels of each other.

PREMIUM SERVICE- This is an account upgrade that gives many benefits. You can now purchase a 30 day Premium token from the Item Mall while in-game. Here is a guide that explains the benefits of premium.

PREVIEW - If you want to see how an item will look on your character, right click on the item while holding down crtl on your keyboard. This will open a preview window where you can turn your character around to see how the item looks equipped. This will work for the Item Mall,  NPC items, things in player's shops, even in your own inventory or storage. It does not work for boxes in the IM where there is an assortment of different possible items.

QUESTS- Quest drops are shared in a party

Spoiler

REPAIR HAMMERS/REPAIRING – Repair hammers do not lower the durability of an item. They come in different qualities which will repair different amounts. Hammers are consumed when used.

Spoiler

REFINING- Armor and weapons can be refined up to 20

- Done only by NPC's (not by artisans)

Spoiler

REINFORCING-  This is an artisan skill that changes a set of armor from an NPC. The reinforced set will have HP bonuses. Weapons from the NPC can be hardened by an artisan and that gives extra attack power.

Spoiler

SCREENSHOTS- Press  "print screen" on your keyboard, then look for the ss in the capture folder of your RoseOnline file.

- If you want to take a ss without the interface, use alt +u or /noui

- Press "escape" on your keyboard to see the interface again (or do /noui again)

SCROLLS – NPC's that sell food will sell return scrolls if they are available

Here is a list by planet of the scrolls and where to find them

Spoiler

SERVER TIME

The clock under the mini map is set to server time. All announcements about events etc are always server time.  To see what time that is for you, hover over the time with your mouse and you will see your local time

qR7tFaO.jpg

Edited by HoneyBunz, 17 October 2018 - 07:02 PM.

#4 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:19 PM

SKILL SYSTEM alt s  1 point per level starting at level 10

a. Passive skills max at level 5 (10 skill points total)

b. Most active skills max at level 5 (5 skill points total)

Spoiler

Spoiler

STATS- Max points that can be put into any stat- 425

-Some stat functions have changed

Spoiler

STORAGE-There are 4 different storage tabs or sections. If there is more than 1 page in a tab, the pages can be accessed with the arrows on the bottom.

Spoiler

SUBSTATS (the light blue stats on items)- Can be taken from one item and put on another item of the same item grade with a Blank Enchantment Scroll (see Enchantment Scrolls)

For a more detailed explanation of how to move substatsm check this topic https://forums.warpp...-move-substats/

Spoiler

Edited by HoneyBunz, 12 April 2018 - 12:58 PM.

#5 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:22 PM

TELEPORTATION TICKETS

-Enable you to travel to almost every map on every planet, providing you meet the level requirement for your destination

- Available from the Item Mall, the Premium Shop, or from other players. Tele tickets are also a possible item in the daily gifts when you have premium service.

Spoiler

TRADE RESTRICTIONS

– Items that are character or account bound can be unbound with an Unbinder Coupon

- Items that are character or account locked can not be traded or sold

Spoiler

VALOR AND HONOR- Points are earned in game and can be used in the Valor and Honor shops

Spoiler

WEAPONS

- Monster drops

-Buy from NPC up to level 200

-Craftable by an artisan up to level 200 (also see Reinforcing)

-Buy from Valor Shop level 50 – 225 (see Valor and Honor)

-Buy from Honor Shop level 100 – 225 (see Valor and Honor)

Junon Planet

Spoiler

Luna Planet

Spoiler

Eldeon Planet

Spoiler

Orlo Planet

Spoiler

Edited by HoneyBunz, 12 April 2018 - 01:27 PM.

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:56 AM

Very nicely done? What does the NPC on the docks in Adventurer's Plains sell?

Edited by pdfisher, 21 July 2015 - 05:59 AM.

#7 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

Very nicely done? What does the NPC on the docks in Adventurer's Plains sell?

Pam, thanks so much. I didn't even see that one lol. I wonder what she did to cause her to be banned from standing in the town with the rest of the npc's :P

#8 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

Pam, thanks so much. I didn't even see that one lol. I wonder what she did to cause her to be banned from standing in the town with the rest of the npc's :P

I checked out her stuff, she sells common gears. Perhaps that's why she is banned? Or maybe she didn't pay the import tariff?

#9 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:37 PM

In Anima Lake [Gypsy Merchant] Edone does appraisals

In Sikuku Ruins there is an npc that does repairs. Might also refine but I am not sure

In Breezy Hills there is an npc for refining

When you take away the interface besides escape you can also do alt+u or /noui to bring it back

You can skip the second job change quest by giving the mayor ruven tokens- 5 maybe

For interplanetary travel you can pay ruven 500,000z instead of doing the quest. You'll have to talk with him when traveling instead of Alphonso

Besides reinforcing and hardening there is also balancing (accuracy for weapons), darkening (attack speed for weapons),

endowed (mana and mana regeneration for armor), and enchanted (mp consumption for weapons)

Edited by DoubleRose, 26 July 2015 - 07:19 PM.

#10 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

In Anima Lake [Gypsy Merchant] Edone does appraisals

In Sikuku Ruins there is an npc that does repairs. Might also refine but I am not sure

In Breezy Hills there is an npc for refining

When you take away the interface besides escape you can also do alt+u or /noui to bring it back

You can skip the second job change quest by giving the mayor ruven tokens- 5 maybe

For interplanetary travel you can pay ruven 500,000z instead of doing the quest. You'll have to talk with him when traveling instead of Alphonso

Besides reinforcing and hardening there is also balancing (accuracy for weapons), darkening (attack speed for weapons),

endowed (mana and mana regeneration for armor), and enchanted (mp consumption for weapons)

Thanks much! I meant to add the endowing and the other weapon options but totally forgot until you mentioned it.

Posts have been updated to include everything you listed ^^

#11 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:54 AM

In the reinforcement part, you forgot hardening for weapons.

#12 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:48 AM

In the reinforcement part, you forgot hardening for weapons.

Reinforcing-  This is an artisan skill that changes a set of armor from an NPC. The reinforced set will have HP bonuses. Weapons from the NPC can be hardened by an artisan and that gives extra attack power.

But thanks <3

#13 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

Request to put what each stat does to your character for all classes on the stat section

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 27 July 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#14 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:36 PM

Request to put what each stat does to your character for all classes on the stat section

Good idea. Even tho this topic is more aimed at players with prior Rose experience (rather than brand new players), their experience could have been from many years ago so a refresher on some basics will probably be beneficial. I've added a link to the Wiki page on character stats.

Thanks for the suggestion ^^

#15 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

Updated to include a bunch of stuff I didn't think of initially (like Oblivion Temple lol).

Please let me know if I've forgotten anything else

#16 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:55 AM

Fixed all of the broken Wiki links and everything works again. Sorry about that

#17 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz