My opinion on WoE re-balance/fixing probelms....
1. Reduce Castles
2. WoE Practice Addition
3. Change Rewards
4. Fix Time Consuming Problems
5. New Guild Incentive Package
1. Reduce Castles
Removing one castle from each realm for all WoE's would be a good start. There is no reason to have as many castles open as there currently are. Having a small population totally spread out will make the population seem even smaller to the players. Condensing the areas a tiny bit might make it seem more active. Unfortunately servers work like this. Active servers gain players, inactive servers do not.
How to redistribute god pieces? Have a rotating castle in each realm that has a chance of dropping two different pieces. These will be seen as more "sought after" castles, thus producing more action.
2. WoE practice addition. It's in the foundry, just do it all ready.
3. I would NOT put more "powerful" gears into castle drops. The reasoning is this. Castle drops have already been farmed enough. Don't let it ruin more of the poor economy. However, I personally think GSB would be good as castle loot. It would make the strong stronger (really just have more free time tbh), but it would also allow newer guilds to get supplies well participating in the rest of the game. For example, a new guild will be more likely to spend their time leveling and trying to get basic gears for their characters rather then farming for supplies for WoE. Putting GSB in would allow players to free up time to participate in the rest of the game.
Or allow an exchange for crap castle loots for supplies/gsb/anything.
4. I am not sure what can be done about potting. Judge me, I don't really care... But truth is... Potting is the dullest part of the game and a total waste of time, keystrokes, and braincells. It is the biggest bottle neck in "supplying" a guild. If I had to personally supply a guild I would honestly bot the potting process. I do not have to supply for a guild, so I don't bot. The point is, it is a giant waste of time and nobody in their right mind wants to do it "vanilla" for years and years (in some cases decade +). Do something to speed it up please.
5. I liked the idea about giving out some "meh" rental gear for a guild starting up. "Other servers" have people filling out applications to qualify for this. That would mean on the GM side a bit of work. However, it is 2015 and iRO has PLENTY of legitimate competition. Let's get up with the times. This should be "meh" gear (if you guys are interested I could do a list) with the purpose of allowing a group of players to start the server off a bit easier.
I have many more opinions, but I guess that is it for now for "improvements/re balance".
Event WoE's for me are not worth logging in. Just let me WoE how it is suppose to be.
Edit: Opinion number 6.... Create some sort of bi annual competition with a solid reward. Discussion could be had to figure out what the measurable reference point would be to pick a "winner". Give the winner (bi annually) a free creation. Crazy idea, doubt many will want it but if people don't want to do the quest lets make it a real competition!
Edited by Undying, 21 November 2015 - 04:53 PM.