Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement - Page 3 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#51 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:43 PM

So did they remove the penetration shadow gear from boxes?

If so, boxes are worthless again.

At least, with penetration shadow gear, more players will have access to it not just limiting that effect to players who own MVPs, this will balance things out a bit in WoE.

#52 mariono1986

mariono1986

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:46 PM

So did they remove the penetration shadow gear from boxes?

If so, boxes are worthless again.

At least, with penetration shadow gear, more players will have access to it not just limiting that effect to players who own MVPs, this will balance things out a bit in WoE.

Penetration shadow set is not usable in WOE

http://playragnarok....ail.aspx?id=396

Edited by mariono1986, 09 June 2016 - 08:47 PM.

#53 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:47 PM

Saying that iRO should be a copycat of kRO is completely dumb, every server has a different community and culture. If not, iRO, bRO,jRO, kRO, etc would all be the exact same with just some minor delays on patches and language settings, wich none has been since like, ever?

@haseo, the set were never to work against players anyways

#54 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:47 PM

Actually, I've never been penalized when doing FW on my gx, only gene. Try doing the isle of bios, morse cave, and temple of demon god with a full party, no gods/mvps since that's how normal people do it.

There is a point where you can set realistic goals and complete it, but... temple of demon god, 1 hour. Assume you have no stringer friends, and none of your gears are beyond +9, mvp, gods. I think it'll be really really tough for your party to complete (unless you bring a gene with 10k bombs to burn)

Beauty of this set is that it allows GX (katar type) and Rangers to be more competitive in mvp-ing. I kinda got bored of my genes already.

Bring a party :v i do that without mvps with my friends, and what kali is saying is that you cant do that much dmg to the mvps there...on temple of demon god, for some mvps, if you do too much dmg they will automatically heal to full health (wich is something like 80m hp), and with too much dmg im saying like 1m+ (wich is doable with lex and AS or Gfist or whatever OP skill) same for the kid demon god he will restore like a lot of their hp if you keep doing dmg like crazy, so, those instances dont rely on pop all the dmg you can, they were made purposedly to take time, if you rush you will end spending more time actually.

About Isle of Bios is soloable and Morse is solable also for a GX, no mvps or gods involved.

About Rangers and GX being more competitive...ermmm....ok

Edited by Sewasan, 09 June 2016 - 08:49 PM.

#55 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:58 PM

No mvps used, and i'm still the highest dps of the party when doing a DT run. GXes are the #1 single target damage dealers of the game right now, is not like they need more buffs :v (unless the enemy has too high vit :v, bomb op)

#56 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:38 PM

Perhaps you should start asking kRO to give you updated kafra shop items. Such as large life potions, the rental accessories that increase exp to specific races, and they actually sell transformation scrolls so people can buy these anytime. You're missing on many of them.
As others have mentioned jRO kafra shop relies on constant new headgears that are granted a special effect for a given time, such as extra exp, extra drop rate, or item drops like what blank cards does. We have Alora box to copy this system , why aren't we updating it?
About shadow sets, everyone would love to have the class specific ones, and basic ones as Toxn listed.

#57 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:04 PM

No mvps used, and i'm still the highest dps of the party when doing a DT run. GXes are the #1 single target damage dealers of the game right now, is not like they need more buffs :v (unless the enemy has too high vit :v, bomb op)

Ashuckle, DD crit GX with MoT effect are at the number one spot for single target dps. How would this set be buffing it. Situational, but all dd crit gx has an Ice pick (except for one with a MoT in an offhand dagger). This would however be buffing rangers and RC gx a lot. 

#58 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:06 PM

Bring a party :v i do that without mvps with my friends, and what kali is saying is that you cant do that much dmg to the mvps there...on temple of demon god, for some mvps, if you do too much dmg they will automatically heal to full health (wich is something like 80m hp), and with too much dmg im saying like 1m+ (wich is doable with lex and AS or Gfist or whatever OP skill) same for the kid demon god he will restore like a lot of their hp if you keep doing dmg like crazy, so, those instances dont rely on pop all the dmg you can, they were made purposedly to take time, if you rush you will end spending more time actually.

About Isle of Bios is soloable and Morse is solable also for a GX, no mvps or gods involved.

About Rangers and GX being more competitive...ermmm....ok

Yis, too much dmg and it heals to full. Not enough dmg, you fail the instance and left with sore fingers from spamming skills.

From irowiki:

1. Morocc in Adult Man form will talk and open portal at the top. In this room, you will fight Morocc in Boy form. He has 80m HP. Be careful when fighting him, if a green text saying he is regenerating appear, you need to stop attacking, else he will regenerating back to his full HP.

Just stop attacking? Not done this instance before sadly.

#59 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

What is MoT?

#60 7639150422121026440

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:12 PM

Bow

Obintain from NPC's craft quest

http://www.divine-pr...ase/item/18112/

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 June 2016 - 04:03 AM.
Replaced URL, do not link to RMS please.

#61 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:20 PM

What is MoT?

memory of thanatos

#62 NarumiMiura

NarumiMiura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:22 PM

If your asking what to implement we can talk about this link right here.

Also As for cash shop incentives we can also remove food from kafra shop and let people make food once again from lvl 1- lvl 10

and also never place Genetic brewing items in kafra again ^.^

If possible we should request something from JRO as well.

I have played KRO server, IRO server and JRO server, and to be truthful Jro server is alot more spicey and exciting than kro. 

KRO has the updates and balance patches that they are taking their sweet time to give. So why not grab updates from JRO instead and only take the episodic updates and new chars from kro. That would put life back into this game in a light speed fashion. 

This.

#63 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:33 PM

Yis, too much dmg and it heals to full. Not enough dmg, you fail the instance and left with sore fingers from spamming skills.

From irowiki:

• Morocc in Adult Man form will talk and open portal at the top. In this room, you will fight Morocc in Boy form. He has 80m HP. Be careful when fighting him, if a green text saying he is regenerating appear, you need to stop attacking, else he will regenerating back to his full HP.

Just stop attacking? Not done this instance before sadly.

First mvp brinarea, has a dmg cap, if you do more than that dmg she recover her full hp without warning (is kind of 1m on one hit or something, demongod spam more often The heal message when you do too much dmg too fast, we kill brinarea with a wl, rk and gen :/ demon god we use gen/rk/ranger, The last demongod doesnt recover hp and you can just use all The dps you want, maybe you should try The instances before, it doesnt require mvps or gods to beat it, and is not like we have full +12 gear actually. Damn on brinarea im one of The main dps and i hit her with a 7 staff of destruction lol.

#64 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:06 PM

first class, second class and 3rd class shadow gears. also....CATS
BRING THE DORAMS HERE!!!

#65 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:28 PM

I understand hard work should be rewarded but what about people like me who only have enough time to play 1-2 hours maybe every 2-3 days? You effectively put me in the crap creek simply because you want a fairness that does not take into account for people who have also got much busier lives outside the game but still want to play when they get the time.

Surely there is a way we can all mutually benefit, such as put penetration set into the boxes, but drive up the cash shop price for it, im still buying regardless if the price skyrockets by 10x, is that enough of a handicap for you now? Absolutely not, we must eradicate it.

What are everyone elses idea's?

All I want is the white lady shadow gears set, healing with an equivalence to a white lady card does not make it overpowered for the healer class, considering heal is very low as is.

#66 995150831045349567

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:39 PM

Penetration Shadow Sets would make new players who have the means to spend real money in the game too OP. I'm not a "salty veteran" as you call everyone who doesn't want the set (in fact, I've only been around for 8 months or so), but giving players access to those things too early would spoil their experience.
I mean, everyone loves to oneshot or kill quickly, but for new players it's actually destructive; they should learn how to actually play, to explore maps, to learn about gears and setting goals, to inquire about quests, to meet new people and work with them towards mutual benefit (hello, it's an online game for a reason), etc. That's the magic of getting into a new game, to continue learning and better yourself through effort.
To put it simply, bringing that set in is flaging ragnarok as a Pay to Win game where even an unexperienced new player can take down high-leveled mobs just because his wallet is big enough to do so. Nothing wrong if P2W is your thing, but don't try to push it here.
Even spending real money in order to sell cash shop items is better, because the player must actually research what gears to buy with the zeny made through that, how to upgrade them, must get the level to use them first, must research about supplies, etc. That's the player's choice if they don't have the time to farm the zeny through in-game activity or whatever. But blatantly offering OP gears you should aim towards as end-game for money? *smh*

Edited by 995150831045349567, 09 June 2016 - 11:50 PM.

#67 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:01 AM

MMORPGs are all about time-investment. If you don't have the time to invest in a MMORPG, you should be playing a different genre of games that doesn't require as much time to achieve stuff.

#68 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:11 AM

The drawback of penetration set is you can't wear infinity set. lol

#69 beef123

beef123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:43 AM

MMORPGs are all about time-investment. If you don't have the time to invest in a MMORPG, you should be playing a different genre of games that doesn't require as much time to achieve stuff.

Your post is a contradiction. RO isn't even about time investment since they put Kafra shop in. With the introduction of safe certs safe upgrade levels anyone can throw enough money to get +9-12 easily which is not something you can do when there wasn't kafra shop in case you didn't know.

Refining to +10 raw was time investment, the IRO we have now isn't. Don't try to deny it.

Look at other MMO's and look how much RMT trading is involve. Don't try to sound like you know what you're talking about because you don't.

And if someone was rich and silly they could just sell enough WPE and Kafra shop items to get zeny and buy instant MVP cards, so what time investment?

#70 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:02 AM

As the midgard engulf by darkness
Lord Behemotjr and his minions return,

O Savior !, on this day to Thee we pray,

Whose love has kept us safe today,

Protect us through the coming night,

And ever save us by Thy might...

#71 RecaIIer

RecaIIer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1227 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:20 AM

been Waiting for the MVP Shadow Set now to Continue to Play.

The Truth is Unfrozen Shadow Armor is the Real Game Breaking because it is Equivalent to Tao Gunka for All Class. or So (Hi Chaser, RG can u die?)

So its Either Take Out this gameBreaking Unfrozen Shadow Set or Add those MVP Shadow Set to Match it.

#72 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:36 AM

I have been discussing this with Kaddy for too long now, and she has yet to tell me how it is a fair compromise.

It would offer a surface fix and make two cards redundant for PVM and reduce a mechanic to nothing (which is apparently fine because kRO thinks so?)

As i've said in my previous post, of all the MVP shadow sets, penetration set is a little different one compared to other MVP shadow sets which is a straight forward copy cat to MVP cards. People buy SS card for PVP/WOE and not for MVPing while this set will be for MVPing.

And by all means this is no way game breaking. So what would happen to the current MVP meta if this set would be introduced?

Genes' Acid Bomb, RKs Dragon Breath will still be top tier, nothing will change

DD Crit GX damage will rise if they opted to use the set though it would be situational coz of the existence of icepick,unfroshadow set, rapid pen+phys earing combo and defense consideration of the MVP. Nevertheless, it would reduce only the killing time. They can still kill what they can kill, they still cannot kill what they cant kill previously if the issue was survivability. Another one is the Katar GXes can now compete with DD Crit/DA GXes on high def MVPs.

Other jobs (Mecha,Dancer,Bard and Warlock/Sorc for the counterpart) will also have a chance to compete with the jobs mentioned above which i think is the main reason why others want this set

Also shadow sets are meant to be extension equipment, no point in disliking it now. More shadow gear will be introduced and i doubt people will stick to using this one when there will be better options for their builds.

If you are looking for near game breaking shadow set, look at the Unfrozen Shadow Set. Penetration set is far from what you are describing as game breaking, it isnt even working on PVP/WOE scenario

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 10 June 2016 - 02:38 AM.

#73 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:54 AM

As i've said in my previous post, of all the MVP shadow sets, penetration set is a little different one compared to other MVP shadow sets which is a straight forward copy cat to MVP cards. People buy SS card for PVP/WOE and not for MVPing while this set will be for MVPing.

And by all means this is no way game breaking. So what would happen to the current MVP meta if this set would be introduced?

Genes' Acid Bomb, RKs Dragon Breath will still be top tier, nothing will change

DD Crit GX damage will rise if they opted to use the set though it would be situational coz of the existence of icepick,unfroshadow set, rapid pen+phys earing combo and defense consideration of the MVP. Nevertheless, it would reduce only the killing time. They can still kill what they can kill, they still cannot kill what they cant kill previously if the issue was survivability. Another one is the Katar GXes can now compete with DD Crit/DA GXes on high def MVPs.

Other jobs (Mecha,Dancer,Bard and Warlock/Sorc for the counterpart) will also have a chance to compete with the jobs mentioned above which i think is the main reason why others want this set

Also shadow sets are meant to be extension equipment, no point in disliking it now. More shadow gear will be introduced and i doubt people will stick to using this one when there will be better options for their builds.

If you are looking for near game breaking shadow set, look at the Unfrozen Shadow Set. Penetration set is far from what you are describing as game breaking, it isnt even working on PVP/WOE scenario

While I already answered most of this with the concept "surface fix", I would like to add, this is a game breaking set for PVM.

WoE isn't the only thing people invest in, and just so you know, the Unfrozen set is only game breaking for WoE.

#74 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:16 AM

Its Ashuckel '-'

And my gx is not dd crit, is dd da (i have a 175 dd crit gathering dust tho)

Calculated against Brianarea(or w/e the name, 1st mvp of DT, 264 def), Ice Pick+ Physical Set vs FQL+Penetration Set, with my current setup.

FQL+Penetration set does an average of 42% mor damage when +13 Eddga is not proccing, and 26% more when its proccing.
On a DD Crit setup the difference rises to 54% when not eddga, 28% when active.

If we take Drake out of FQL, it will only deal about 10% less damage than Ice Pick without proc, and deal 1% when proc is active.
If the enemy was medium or small, Penetration Set would flat out win from the very begining(less wATK penalty).

Basically my damage will jump from 50k+ per hit to like 65k :)

Edited by Ashuckel, 15 June 2016 - 09:25 PM.

#75 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:21 AM

Btw, as for "other classes can now compete", if every class is receiving the same "buff" , the comparative damage will remain the same. One would say that this brings other classes closer to GXes that can use Ice Pick, but as i demonstrated above, the set still offers a huge damage increase to GXes, and the one class/build that would shine out the most with this, comparatively, would be GXes again, Katar builds.
Not only against huge def amounts tho, a measly amount of 100 def, if bypassed, means more than 20% damage increase.

Edited by Ashuckel, 10 June 2016 - 03:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users