Renewal Hacking Spree - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Renewal Hacking Spree

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#101 StaticXtreme

StaticXtreme

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationAsia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:kRO Baphomet

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:14 PM

I don’t think storage pins will be a good idea lol. Storage pins will be just an extra work for staffs if ppls are not good enough to keep their storage passwords or if ppls mistyped a bunch of times. Typing incorrect passcodes for number of tries will block the storage and the only way to reset it is by sending a ticket which takes forever to respond.

Huh? Then what is your suggestion then? And I didn't experienced this so called 'lock out' even though I've put a bunch of incorrect pin from my experience in other official server 

What other official have it?

idRO have this

Edited by StaticXtreme, 17 October 2020 - 12:09 AM.

#102 GACHIBASSCLAP

GACHIBASSCLAP

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:41 PM

Just dont login LOOL

Edited by GACHIBASSCLAP, 17 October 2020 - 12:15 AM.

#103 eric007

eric007

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 03:00 AM

Good to know that 4 years of farming this game goes poof overnight

#104 seneng

seneng

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 03:44 AM

I’m sorry for the players who were hacked.
Just a thought, is it possible that people who play using VPN can be hacked ?

#105 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:05 AM

1. For the Eremes Guile example, would the GM be able to tell the player that:

A. It was Eremes Guile who did it? or;
B. It was taken by someone (or anonymous) with multiple logins during the period of time, hence someone who you've been sharing with. 

(And then let the players deal with it themselves)

2. For the storage pin, can't the reset be done via warpportal account from the website instead like how we reset ingame passwords? That would lessen the support ticket's work.

3. Yeah I'm pretty afraid of picking up items now. People will be dumping items in eden or towns and sometimes you would accidentally pick them up cause you're walking to those cells. I'm even afraid to buy/sell/trade stuffs at the moment.

#106 cjayseven

cjayseven

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:38 AM

The hackings are unlikely, I am saying that chances are 3rd party programs may somehow be involve in this. Since commonality is under investigated, clearly the origin of the hacking spree is a mystery. I'd say to camp to get all the account involve and personally asked them all the details they needed as to come up with the common denominator. Everyone is worried and crazy about it, it is like real covid in game you will never know when will you become a victim.

All i am saying 3rd party programs are just one angle to look into.

#107 PerpetuoDevir

PerpetuoDevir

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:27 AM

bRO (oficial brazilian warpportal,com.br) have pin on character select screen, just like maple story.

Tibia has cel phone token every login

iRO seems so fragile

#108 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:38 AM

Was this in mail annex? If so that's a common practice for ranked slim brewers, they toss a bunch on the ground then open storage and start greeding them+putting them into storage so they don't need to buy them>open storage as many times.

yeah, it was in mail annex, but it wasn't slims, it was regular potions. I can send you the replay file if you want.

#109 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9329 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:56 AM

yeah, it was in mail annex, but it wasn't slims, it was regular potions. I can send you the replay file if you want.

Yeah, they need fat whites in order to brew their slims, so they do that til their storage is full, then they brew them into slims.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 17 October 2020 - 09:56 AM.

#110 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:37 PM

Hello Folks I wanted to give you an update on whats going on. Currently the GMs are compiling tickets and researching who, what, where, and when this all occurred. On Monday we will be having a meeting to go over everything they discover and plan a course of action. In addition to that Astra and I are preparing a list of GM team complaints posted in these threads so as to bring player concerns to the GM Lead and enact change. We should be able to share an update come monday regarding these cases.

I think we need to address a few other things if possible relating to the customer service experience.

It would be nice to add a few other things that need attention that could in a sense go with the GM actions.

The Zeny Bots:
We see Zeny Bots from time to time advertising their websites in izlude, prontera, eden group from time to time. We need to find a way to just prevent them from continuously appearing and repeating their message, it continues to be a problem and the first thing people see when they start the game. A total mood changer for many who try and say "oh there's RMT going on here I don't want to be here." We know that it all can't be stopped, but at least the zeny bots should be handled, maybe work on a filter after studying them for abit? Also these bots are stationary and just repeat the same message again and again, not too difficult to find them either.

Recent Case:

https://forums.warpp...rn-of-the-bots/

The School Project Scam:
Why is this still a thing? Why does this scam continue to work one way or the other where people can still write up the same or similar message and get pulled into this scam and lose? I for one would say that a new player must be vigilant but when you have an interaction with someone and have the intention of helping, you end up getting screwed over and it completely changes the way people perceive the server, the community and the protection we have from GMs over this. How? Because the scam continues to happen and messages continue to be sent from time to time. A filter maybe?

Links to known incidents: 

https://forums.warpp...ring-free-zeny/

and

https://forums.warpp...m-still-exists/

*screenshot of scam is in the link on spoiler*

The Chatroom Trading in-game Items for Other Games:
This one in particular has been around forever and someone in the past has mentioned getting scam. I thought this wasn't allowed but we have yet no official stance on this as well as the fact that this chatroom continue to be up makes people think it is allowed, hence fall for it. Something should be done because, this as the others continues to give bad impressions about what goes on here on the server.

Link to a known incident:

https://forums.warpp...trader-is-scam/

I know it seems a bit out of the way but these are still general complaints about things that happen and sometimes we don't know who to even turn to do deal with them. Even if something is done we continue to see them the next hour and it feels like we can't do anything about it. I mean, GMs can do something about these things right?

#111 GoodWillMerchant

GoodWillMerchant

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:56 PM

LOL! Check Warpportal's website, it's not even secured! SSL is gone so better not login to your WP accounts yet until they renew their SSL. Bring firesale back and buy some SSL Certificates WP.

#112 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:09 PM

the wp website's been sh*tty since yesterday. I can't even click on their POWERUP website to buy some WP lol. it's just white screen.

#113 Redsignzz

Redsignzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:09 PM

Recently i saw few people throwing same item on yhe floor

#114 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1717 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:19 AM

@Camp, I am seeing a patter, people are claiming they picked up items dropped by another player, then they got hacked? How is that possible? I do have a replay file from someone who was dropping white potion, the regular ones. Weird thing was, the value was 850 of them and was dropping A LOT of them on the ground.

I do have a replay file if needed.

that isn't hack, 850 white potions sell, just making it faster to sell all potions

you need 120 str + mado + gym to loot that potions so it nearly perfect for just yeet on the floor.

#115 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:14 AM

I think we need to address a few other things if possible relating to the customer service experience.

It would be nice to add a few other things that need attention that could in a sense go with the GM actions.

The Zeny Bots:
We see Zeny Bots from time to time advertising their websites in izlude, prontera, eden group from time to time. We need to find a way to just prevent them from continuously appearing and repeating their message, it continues to be a problem and the first thing people see when they start the game. A total mood changer for many who try and say "oh there's RMT going on here I don't want to be here." We know that it all can't be stopped, but at least the zeny bots should be handled, maybe work on a filter after studying them for abit? Also these bots are stationary and just repeat the same message again and again, not too difficult to find them either.

Recent Case:

https://forums.warpp...rn-of-the-bots/

The School Project Scam:
Why is this still a thing? Why does this scam continue to work one way or the other where people can still write up the same or similar message and get pulled into this scam and lose? I for one would say that a new player must be vigilant but when you have an interaction with someone and have the intention of helping, you end up getting screwed over and it completely changes the way people perceive the server, the community and the protection we have from GMs over this. How? Because the scam continues to happen and messages continue to be sent from time to time. A filter maybe?

Links to known incidents: 

https://forums.warpp...ring-free-zeny/

and

https://forums.warpp...m-still-exists/

*screenshot of scam is in the link on spoiler*

The Chatroom Trading in-game Items for Other Games:
This one in particular has been around forever and someone in the past has mentioned getting scam. I thought this wasn't allowed but we have yet no official stance on this as well as the fact that this chatroom continue to be up makes people think it is allowed, hence fall for it. Something should be done because, this as the others continues to give bad impressions about what goes on here on the server.

Link to a known incident:

https://forums.warpp...trader-is-scam/

I know it seems a bit out of the way but these are still general complaints about things that happen and sometimes we don't know who to even turn to do deal with them. Even if something is done we continue to see them the next hour and it feels like we can't do anything about it. I mean, GMs can do something about these things right?

I second all this. Vote Sunbear for predisent, JK I really do like to second this.

#116 CGeass

CGeass

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:33 AM

Sucks for those that this happened to. My accounts are fine though. There has to be a reason it happened to some and not to everyone. Maybe someone found a new scam and people haven't noticed. I'm a loner in game, so I talk to no one. And my guild is just me.

#117 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:54 PM

also, everytime I'm logging in to forum or WP site I receive this notif, what's this?

I wonder if it's related to the mass hacking spree we have now?

unknown.png

This means that the password that you are using was published in a data breach/hack. Normally what people do on this breaches is to start using the published credentials on popular websites like Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Netflix, etc and steal whatever it's of value. Google Chrome notifies you when your password has been compromised. You could also use websites like https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to check if your email or password had been published on the popular data breaches that have happened before.

#118 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 04:53 PM

Okay so this is what weve found out so far. Not all reported hack cases appear to be by the same group. The GMs are still researching the tickets but it appears that there are two groupings for affected users. Once of which is may to be a relational hack case. We will be reviewing the GM notes tomorrow as well as having a policy meeting with the Head GM regarding their policies.

#119 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:00 PM

I feel bad for you. The only possible angle I can see here is maybe their own ex employees with access to the player database might have gone and tried to do this nuisance.

A good tip for prevention is that try to have a habit of changing your password every three months at least. This way, even if that employee got laid off, chances are the database won't be compromised.

Passwords should be changed every time someone leaves the company. That's standard practice, but knowing WP, they probably don't do that.

#120 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:26 PM

Hmmm ~ 

#121 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:46 AM

Jello....

Py

#122 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1717 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:43 AM

difference group hmm...  :eyes:

#123 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:56 PM

Please help, I just sent you PM Campitor. I lost all my gears (kiel, gtb, eddga and more).

..Lion..][

Give me a % if this gets returned. I think I deserved to get paid. Joke LOL I wish you get it back brother.

#124 estebin

estebin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 05:15 PM

Anything concrete yet?

#125 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts