Upgrade Event, and future developments - Page 6 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 17 votes

Upgrade Event, and future developments

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
248 replies to this topic

#126 Tora

Tora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

Well Not everyone has a +9 Kvm Gear i surely dont

I don't even have KVM gear. I never see anyone doing KVM and not everyone likes to waste money on boxes for kvm badges. :)

#127 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

I don't even have KVM gear. I never see anyone doing KVM and not everyone likes to waste money on boxes for kvm badges. :)

wait for the bellum ones..... the kvms are really usless compared to those gears, they are even SLOTED!

#128 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Bellum armors are slotted, but the weapons aren't. We also don't know when we are supposed to receive the WoE revision update. There are also Seal Quests that award KVM badges and you do not need to pay any $$ to do those quests. Reset stones can be bought with Eden Merit Badge to reset the seal quests for you to repeat it.

#129 LucyGirl

LucyGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

i really hate this idea, knowing that it is already safe to upgrade to +20 without breaking only downgrade. gears are supose to have the risk to break, that way the market will will still cycle around for people to buy and upgrade. since HD ores were introduce, it really kill the game. billions of zeny worth of items has gone down into millions of zeny. even tho the damage was done, u patch things up, by changing the upgrades so that you can use it +7 or higher, which was a prety damn good thing. but then as time goes by, you kill it again by introducing, safe upgrade certificate for 150pts each. i know that the chance sux, but knowing that its safe to +7 it just destroy everything again. im not trying to be selfish because most of my gear are prety much +9-+14. im jut saying that, the game is not supose to be flooded with high + gear. ive spent hundreds of dollars trying to get my gears up to where it is now, thats including the lucky box to get kvm badges, because it was the only way to get them before, knowing ive broke 15 glorious fists trying to +7 it. well the damage has been done again. now the market is worth nothing. i have so many gears that could be vended for 60m+ a piece over a month ago, and now nothing is selling, it even went down to 25m and its still doesn't sell. now i feel like RO is all about how much real money can u rotate thru the game, that ingame item does not matter for u, because it won't sell. the only thing that sells on RO are prety much everything that is offered by the kafrashop.

I agree with this.

#130 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

Well personally, the reason I see +7 upgrades or higher arent selling is rather the certificates that's floating around. Until those disappear in the market, buying higher gear is a bit silly for those who have tons of certificate themself which would be far cheaper to upgrade themself than buying it from someone else.

And... Perhapse they did this now and be removed for a while when 14.1 gears are implemented. Looking at some of those new gears, they might in general devaluate some current gears anyways so making the current gears top notch would atleast... hmm... make it less devaluated in a personal level... maybe...? :D

Edited by KaneBlueriver, 11 November 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#131 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:27 AM

Is the NPC text wrong? I'm getting this:

Attempts remaining 5 The +7
Immune Shield
can
be upgraded with
Elunium: UNSAFE: BREAK!
HD Elunium: UNSAFE: DEGRADE!
Enriched Elunium: UNSAFE: BREAK!

I'm trying to upgrade my +7 Immune Shield to +9, and I'm really nervous about losing it :D

#132 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

It's wrong and Heim$ is loosing money because players step back when they see this.

#133 DrMambo

DrMambo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:44 AM

Seriously I don't get it. I'd have thought you guys would be in the business of keeping their paying customers happy. Do you guys really think that reducing the cost of something to ~$20 that people have already spent upwards of ~$200 doing a good idea? You're telling me that you guys never had an idea to do HD enriched prior to now? Or am I just right in that you greedy bastards are squeezing out the last drops of cash on people upgrading their KVM gear you're about to make useless garbage. And after people have spent countless hours in game trying to acquire these gears, poof all that effort gone in an instant. Now they're just some other loser with a sub-par weapon that they worked their ass off for. It's just all starting to seem too planned and too conniving to me. Stuff gets devalued/nerfed and the community gets thrown for a loop now EVERY DAMN PATCH it seems. And I've never seen an MMORPG that runs off screwing its playerbase as hard as you guys do. You guys live off it, and you take advantage of the fact that people DON'T know what's going to happen next. And frankly, it's really starting to disgust me. You guys say you're still getting the hang of the MMORPG thing, well grow up, you've had a decade. You know what people like? Knowing there is value in their items. That they won't wake up tomorrow and they'll be worth nothing and will need all new ones. And you're the only MMO that can't seem to grasp that. This game has just become who can buy their way to the top before it all gets nerfed and then it just starts over again.

And you wonder why you can't keep customers.

#134 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

Ok, so I'm a n00b to upgrading and am wanting to upgrade some equips since nothing I have is above +7.

If I try to upgrade to +8 and fail back to +6/+5/+4/etc. Will I need to use Certs to save it from breaking getting back to +7 if I keep the dialogue open? also same question applies for using the HD Ore upgrade NPC as well as the Event Enriched Upgrade NPC.

Edited by Beyond, 11 November 2011 - 08:10 AM.

#135 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

Some items that I have are completely stubborn. There is no reason for an armor to go to +3 twice with enriched rates. Are you sure that it's working properly?

#136 DrMambo

DrMambo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

Ok, so I'm a n00b to upgrading and am wanting to upgrade some equips since nothing I have is above +7.

If I try to upgrade to +8 and fail back to +6/+5/+4/etc. Will I need to use Certs to save it from breaking getting back to +7 if I keep the dialogue open? also same question applies for using the HD Ore upgrade NPC as well as the Event Enriched Upgrade NPC.

No, as long as you don't close the dialogue you can go below +7 without using certs.

#137 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

I have never seen myself upgrading beyong +9 and it seemed to go up and down a lot between 8-9 before i made +10 kvm I actually think its working.

#138 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

No, as long as you don't close the dialogue you can go below +7 without using certs.

Thank you. You gave me to confidence to give it a try and managed my first +9 :D

#139 BIade

BIade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

I think the main purpose of this is for you to buy more HD ores to attempt to get it higher than +9 since it became the old +4 and most players will be tempted to get higher than that. Moar money for RO woooo :D

#140 Chicboy

Chicboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

This event is really sad. It takes off hard work for making +9. The only players that benifit from this is the rich people in real life. I also think that this is another way to beat the chinese gold diggers/sellers just the legal heim dollar way.

#141 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

You can get HD and Elunium from other players vends. Upgrading has become much more accessible to everyone. And yes taking the benefit away from Gold sellers and investing it into the GAME to keep it running is not only admirable it is necessary.

#142 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

I think the main purpose of this is for you to buy more HD ores to attempt to get it higher than +9 since it became the old +4 and most players will be tempted to get higher than that. Moar money for RO woooo :(

This event says "Hey, upgrades are for more than the lucky and extravagantly rich. Give it try!"

So now all the regular people will have +7 to +9s and all the super rich, not to be outdone, will go for the +10 to +14s.

In the meantime, more heimdollars for updates! :D

Edited by TheSquishy, 11 November 2011 - 11:51 AM.

#143 Chicboy

Chicboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

You can get HD and Elunium from other players vends. Upgrading has become much more accessible to everyone. And yes taking the benefit away from Gold sellers and investing it into the GAME to keep it running is not only admirable it is necessary.

Well i'll let u know something good. I spent $40usd and 1b zeny on this event =). Just next time don't make the event last for 2 weeks, just make it at least 1 week so it can be really called a "special event".

#144 Heart5

Heart5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Problem is people overprice those upgrading stuff especially the enriched ores ever since you implemented Mr Enriched Hammer and of course only rich players can buy in bulk.

On a side note, it'd be nice if you implement a npc that can dismantle kvm stuff or something and give some kvm badges =D

#145 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

TBH.....I dont like the fact that alot of gears have gone down the price.....But i do know one thing. My pockets hurt when i have to spend money to by hd ores to get +10 gears. And i do understand thats how gravity makes there money but i was quite content with ro without the kafra shop.

#146 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Like someone up there said,

a Special Event should only be held for 1 week. Holding it for 2 weeks is overkill.

And making +9 the new +4 will be very bad for new players. What happens when new players try to UPGRADE their newly found Crossbow[3] or Partizan[1] or Lance[1] or Two-Handed Axe[2] and they keep failing at +5 and +6?

They will think the only way to get a +7 ~ +9 is to spend real $$. And they are further discouraged by looking at vendors in Prontera and Eden vending stuff at 99,990,000 when they barely have 10k to spend on potions. This DISCOURAGES new player base. Soon you will only be milking the old players. Once the old players get tired (and there are many by the looks of the threads around this forum), you will have no more $$ to milk from.

You guys have to think about the FUTURE. Business sense baby.

Edited by Gangstaz, 11 November 2011 - 10:03 PM.

#147 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

Like someone up there said,a Special Event should only be held for 1 week. Holding it for 2 weeks is overkill.And making +9 the new +4 will be very bad for new players. What happens when new players try to UPGRADE their newly found Crossbow[3] or Partizan[1] or Lance[1] or Two-Handed Axe[2] and they keep failing at +5 and +6?

They'll just buy it a reasonable price from a vendor. These sorts of events tend to make people cycle their
gear. And stuff not breaking further drives down the prices. This is a really good time to buy starter
gear for new players. Most new players avoid upgrading like the plague anyway.

#148 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:32 AM

Now I cant show off my gears with +12's and +13, coz everyone have it, good job t(-_-t)

#149 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:36 AM

Now I cant show off my gears with +12's and +13, coz everyone have it, good job t(-_-t)

Oh just get some god items and mvp cards instead.

#150 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:39 AM

you know that it is not always available. i try searching for people selling enrich, and i just cant get to buy some. ur right, ur takin some benifit away from gold seller making money, but some people are prety damn pissed, that their hard work became a piece of candy. i remembr some1 spending 600bucks just to get +9 glorious fist, hard earning money cuz he was into the game, and now people can get it by spending 10-20bucks and be at the same lvl as my friend who spent alot of time/effort/money into the game. so yeh he quit cuz of it. idk how many more, cuz i heard alot of Q_Q

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users