3/20 Regular Maintenance - Page 5 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

3/20 Regular Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#101 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Cash, Cash, Cash, Cash, Cash. $7.50 for a +10 Attempt. :heh:

I believe the intent is 750 kp nets you a crate

inside the create:
5x grove pack
1x safe cert

Its an added bonus to the 5x150kp groove packs... so every 5 packs you buy you get a cert for free.

If only I didn't spend $100 BEFORE this was announced -_____-

#102 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Safe to +20 please

Safe to +100 plox

#103 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

did the maintenance times topic get unpinned? I forget the time and how long maintenance is

#104 stemah

stemah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Upgrading again?!!!??!? This will make alot of +10s cheaper:(

#105 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

I wonder which server is more hurt with these +10 certs? Ymir or Valk?

#106 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

time to +14 gears to stay ahead of the competition.

#107 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

haha oh wow. Why is there a "phase" to get more gears to +10? It's not going to make you more money, it's just going to make it easier to +10, +11, +12 weapons. People aren't going to bother +11 or +12 their armor, it's a waste of money, so there's no extra cashflow for you. You'll actually make less money, since it took me "a lot" of money to +10 my Brocca. You'll probably have people spend less money because of that (eg: it took me "a lot" of money to +10 my Brocca, why would I bother wasting more if it's just going to keep getting easier? That's not even factoring in things like people simply stopping because they're angry that they had to spend more)

It's a good thing I'm not spending cash on anything other than VIP anymore. I was going to consider it in the future, but now I'm not, unless I get some free +10 certs for +10ing my Brocca with HD ore. :P. You made my decision to stop wasting money on a game more long-term instead of short-term :).

I buy VIP by the month too, so I can quit doing that at any time.

(Also note, my VIP runs out soon, and I didn't even take the 50 cents for 150kp option with your VIP bonus period)

#108 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

+10 Certs are Trade/Vendable

Most every item from these you can get from in-game, or from other players. I don't see what the problem is, we would like you to purchase things, but if you don't that is up to you, you still can get them from other players who do.

Safe to 7 Certs can be earned in-game through Daily Quen or via Eat Gear. The +10s perhaps in the future will be earnable in-game as well in the future, but for now they are exclusive bonus.

Yes when buying the Crate you will always get 5x March and Groove Packs, and 1x +10 Safe to 10 Cert. That is the bonus for buying the Crate rather than 5x individual Packs. You could choose to not use the Safe to 10 certs and do the +10 through normal in-game means, that option always exists, but the item mall is designed to make some processes faster/easier, the cert does that only via not degrading the gear, it does not make it more likely to succeed, only removes the fail condition's punishment.

(other versions it was an auto up to 11 from whatever upgrade level it was currently at.. way more imbalanced IMHO)

FalkenJeff : I unapproved your post due to your threats of quitting, I don't support goodbye posts. The refining system is 1 thing that will constantly be updated as the game matures more, count on it. Right now +20 is "impossible" at some point in the future that should change, reasonably +15 is also impossible, but again that will change. Responses that only have content that says "my prior equipment's accomplishment is diminished due to the now systems" need to step back and look at every MMO out there that does updates. All the Chainmails should be less useful than stuff that came out in more recent updates, most games have a, sell it to NPC and move on; instead we are trying to allow you to get a bit of play out of those old gears via desocketing and eat gear trade ins. But the game will get updated, where the new stuff is always better than the old stuff. I suppose you could wait for those new stuffs (knowing it will eventually get update deprocated) or just play and stay up to date. The certs are rare, they will help in some cases, but a +10 from it, vs one done in the olden days of whatever will still equate the same, only you got your bonus long before the new bloods got theirs.

I am not going to be surprised if gear starts getting more refine bonuses at higher levels, it is an update that is easier to do and breaths life into refining and those gears. But I also will expect new gears to come out that are better in some way than the current "best" stuff out there. Part of me looks forward to a better refining system that is easier to refine, with a more smoothly escalating difficulty rather than the current wall effect at +11 and 12. But realistically I also groan in anticipation of all the hate that will come from those that +12ed "the hard way" because somehow we cheated them of their accomplishment. The game has to evolve.

#109 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

Doesnt bother me much, and Im just waiting for the KVM 2.0s Bellums... :p_sleep:

#110 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Kinda rude putting those in after the boxes have been in a week but okay

Edited by Viri, 20 March 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#111 ZeroGrav007

ZeroGrav007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

the +10 certs are a great early b-day present for me~

#112 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Safe to 7 Certs can be earned in-game through Daily Quen or via Eat Gear.

Daily Quen gives Safe to 7s? Never got that from him before.

#113 ChelseaGrin

ChelseaGrin

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWhere you can always find me

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

wow +10 safe cert ? tsk tsk... this game......

#114 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

FalkenJeff : I unapproved your post due to your threats of quitting, I don't support goodbye posts.

Nonono, I'm not quitting. I'm quitting the cash shop. You're saying goodbye to my money, not me :). It was just going to be for a little while, because I had spent way too much on the game, but now it's basically forever.

I don't need to pay for VIP to keep playing either, so I could stop that entirely if I wanted to, or I could just stop on months I don't feel like playing much. I haven't really come to a decision on that.

I've also only been playing for like a month, so it's not like I'm complaining about something I +10'd a year ago. I just started playing, gave you my money, and you went and made it easier so that I didn't need to spend that money (or could have +10'd more than 1 thing with that money).

If you want me to quit I can quit though. I've got a lot of friends from pservers that I haven't even bothered to entice over here yet. :)

#115 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

If you want you can contact the GM team with how many you purchased and when and they can give you the requisite +10 Safe certs. This is a 2nd promotion, it is a seperate thing than the Groove Pack, but as part of our customer service we will address individual requests of this nature.

#116 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

I believe the intent is 750 kp nets you a crate

inside the create:
5x grove pack
1x safe cert

Its an added bonus to the 5x150kp groove packs... so every 5 packs you buy you get a cert for free.

If only I didn't spend $100 BEFORE this was announced -_____-

TAKES SIP OF TEA AND SPITS IT AT SCREEN

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 100 DOLLLARS WAAAAAAAAAAA

#117 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

TAKES SIP OF TEA AND SPITS IT AT SCREEN

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 100 DOLLLARS WAAAAAAAAAAA

No Tea wastings :sob: ...It's good for the mindful calmness, and body dancing....

Brb...

(Brewing a pot of Green Tea. Don't want it to burn)

#118 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Im with the gms on this one, the certs seem like a good idea. I don't think it will drop in game values but it will drop the value in real life money.

I wrote this in another thread but it got deleted.

Its stupid easy right now to get +10, without the certs. It just cost real life moey.

Get something to +7 using certs

Buy hd/enriched elu enough to get to +9 ($1-$50)
10% chance to go to +10 90% chance to go to +8
obviously it fails because "God I have the worst luck"
spend money getting back to +9
Repeat until +10.

This just gets past the nasty part that empties our wallets. I like it.

#119 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

can we drop WOE to being only 1 hour long or 30 mins long

#120 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Kinda rude putting those in after the boxes have been in a week but okay

Or it could be that they did this BECAUSE they put in the boxes a week earlier and nobody bought them...

#121 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

Right now +20 is "impossible" at some point in the future that should change, reasonably +15 is also impossible, but again that will change.

Any comments on this suggestion about upgrading the upgrading?
http://forums.warppo...ade-suggestion/

Also...

If you want you can contact the GM team with how many you purchased and when and they can give you the requisite +10 Safe certs. This is a 2nd promotion, it is a seperate thing than the Groove Pack, but as part of our customer service we will address individual requests of this nature.

This is a very nice move, thanks a lot!

#122 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

So wait, if I just email/PM you guys that I bought these many boxes before you're releasing the crates with Safe+10 certs, you'll try to give me Safe +10 certs???

#123 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

why not just increase the base upgrade rate of 5-10 if you want to you increase the circulation of +10 weapons...

#124 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

Rutana : Thank you for your input. I'll be honest I am desperately trying to not increase the number of "token" like things in the game. Right now Reset Stones, Eden Merit Badges, the 3 +7 Certs the new +10 Cert, KVM the 2 BG tokens, Poring War Coin, Hugel Medals, Slot Coupon, Heroic Desocketing Book and Blank Cards are all "tokens" that have a value right now, and it is a nightmare for new players to know how to use.

The refining system has a lot of refining stones, certificates and values already, part of the trouble is making it understandable enough for everyone to "get" what is going on is something we need to accomplish. Until a completely new refining system comes out that changes the underlying refining chances and item consumption, we are adding complications with the hope of benefiting the players. This isn't perfect but it is what we have access to control to some extent.

I do wish there was only armor and Weapon, rather than 4 levels of weapon and 1 armor type, as this makes any change we do have a much more difficult balancing act involved. We are looking into "redoing" a bit of the refining system so it may only be 1 or 2 different NPCs rather than "normal" Enriched, HD, and event Enriched Hammer. But working on the Summoner first before that project starts up again.

#125 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

So wait, if I just email/PM you guys that I bought these many boxes before you're releasing the crates with Safe+10 certs, you'll try to give me Safe +10 certs???

Not PM, must be a ticket, so we have a record of who did what, what they found and the outcome. it is something that will consume time for us, so for that it must be done properly, so please write the ticket in and not PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users