AzzyAI 1.50 beta - 2/28 - Dev 17 posted, Eira fixes - Page 15 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

AzzyAI 1.50 beta - 2/28 - Dev 17 posted, Eira fixes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
520 replies to this topic

#351 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

Hello! received the email and got straight to testing, I was actually asleep I think when It arrived but same day testing atleast, i've also duplicated this reply for both email and warp portal as I was unsure which you might see first, that's something i'll have to ask about :P

I went ahead and made three videos about some of the new functionality and a bug so far, i'll put them on the forum once I have your permission but the email version of this post has the videos. They are:

Sera Using P.Needle, Melee and Summon Legion for some amazing DPS

Sera Using Caprise, Melee and Summon Legion for some uninteruptable-by-damage DPS

Painkiller ASAP bug getting noticably worse :P

More information to come as I test more!

Edited by deanoreadman3, 01 April 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#352 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

You can post the videos, sure.

It looks like the issue with ASAP has nothing to do with the bug I was trying to fix, and looks instead like there's something wrong with the skill-fail detection (I can tell you that what it's doing is thinking that it's cast on you has failed, and re-attempting.

The AAI_SkillFail.log and traceai would lay bare what's going on here.

#353 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

sending files by PM / Email now. :)

#354 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Thanks. Fix is in the mail.

Copy/paste error. With that fix painkiller timeout will be recorded appropriately, so we should be able to see if the ASAP loop issue is actually fixed.

#355 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

Loaded it up with the fix, she no longer just loops it over and over so far, I did try her in a combat situation and she did leave me without painkiller for two seconds though, I believe she was bolting or refreshing poison mist at the time. is it possible for her to read ahead a little bit to see if the next action would put her in a position where she could not refresh pain killer early enough if she did indeed"insert action here" next? :)

Also when idle and not in combat she again left me without any Painkiller for about 0.5 seconds instead of refreshing early. I think she was thinking about refreshing mist again instead of making sure that Painkiller was kept up.

If she is set to re-Painkiller on 59 seconds at the moment maybe 58 seconds? :P

EDIT: overall very very good, mostly just minor nit picking now, I have more ideas and stuff to post a bit later after I think about it some more. What do you think about that DPS though? Some people I think avoid Sera as a Low DPS Homunc.S but I think that does a damn good job!

Edited by deanoreadman3, 01 April 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#356 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Loaded it up with the fix, she no longer just loops it over and over so far, I did try her in a combat situation and she did leave me without painkiller for two seconds though, I believe she was bolting or refreshing poison mist at the time. is it possible for her to read ahead a little bit to see if the next action would put her in a position where she could not refresh pain killer early enough if she did indeed"insert action here" next? :)

Shall I make it log next weeks winning powerball numbers too?
But yeah, this is way above the level of complexity that is practical to implement in an AI.

Also when idle and not in combat she again left me without any Painkiller for about 0.5 seconds instead of refreshing early. I think she was thinking about refreshing mist again instead of making sure that Painkiller was kept up.

If she is set to re-Painkiller on 59 seconds at the moment maybe 58 seconds? :P

It's still 60 seconds in the version you got, per changelog. Forgot to set it to 59 seconds.
It's on line 175 of H_SkillInfo.lua
Change :
SkillInfo[MH_PAIN_KILLER ]={"Painkiller",{1,1,1,1,1},{48,52,56,60,64},{1000,800,600,400,200},{1000,1200,1400,1600,1800},{1000,1000,1000,1000,1000},1,{60000,60000,60000,60000,60000}}
To
SkillInfo[MH_PAIN_KILLER ]={"Painkiller",{1,1,1,1,1},{48,52,56,60,64},{1000,800,600,400,200},{1000,1200,1400,1600,1800},{1000,1000,1000,1000,1000},1,{59000,59000,59000,59000,59000}}

EDIT: overall very very good, mostly just minor nit picking now, I have more ideas and stuff to post a bit later after I think about it some more. What do you think about that DPS though? Some people I think avoid Sera as a Low DPS Homunc.S but I think that does a damn good job!

Haven't watched DPS videos, I'll do that later, when I can watch videos comfortably.

#357 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

Shall I make it log next weeks winning powerball numbers too?
But yeah, this is way above the level of complexity that is practical to implement in an AI.

Ah, sorry. I'm always at a loss at what will be possible and won't be possible, I really thought the (API?) system would let you build something that let the pet count to 60 (59) and allow the function of not using anything but auto attacks around the 57 seconds mark of those 60 (59) seconds and that the call to do the counting could be internally reset to start counting again from the call to cast painkiller. That was the idea in my head anyway :P

It's still 60 seconds in the version you got, per changelog. Forgot to set it to 59 seconds.
Change :
SkillInfo[MH_PAIN_KILLER ]={"Painkiller",{1,1,1,1,1},{48,52,56,60,64},{1000,800,600,400,200},{1000,1200,1400,1600,1800},{1000,1000,1000,1000,1000},1,{60000,60000,60000,60000,60000}}
To
SkillInfo[MH_PAIN_KILLER ]={"Painkiller",{1,1,1,1,1},{48,52,56,60,64},{1000,800,600,400,200},{1000,1200,1400,1600,1800},{1000,1000,1000,1000,1000},1,{59000,59000,59000,59000,59000}}

I'll do this right now.

My friend was on a 4 day weekend up until today and leveling a level 1 novice to 91 High Priest used up most of my time but i'll be a little more focused on this now and leveling a Rune Knight while i'm thinking on things :P

While it's always nice to have things fixed I also love to know why things were a problem in the first place, now initially when you sent me the first file you said

I think the issue was that you had either SeraCallLegionLevel=0 or UseSeraCallLegion=0 - we now default to turning both of these to the most rational options, 5 and 1 respectively, since it won't use it anyway without tactics being enabled. Unfortunately in the past the default level for SeraCallLegionLevel was 0, which disabled the skill.

And while this was absolutely 100% correct it should also be noted that on the current live version that's up for download for everyone when you mouse over and get the tooltip for SeraCallLegionLevel it says "Use this level of Call Legion. Overridden by skill tactics." So an end user like me might think that with the other option set as UseSeraCallLegion=1 (which I did have turned on) things would still work and she would summon the Vespa's as the level is set by skill tactics. With the way it works with the version you have sent me I think perhaps the SeraCallLegionLevel may be redundant and retireable in the GUI for the end user if you can set the level in the tactics.

I also still believe that adding call legion on the configuration utility should be represented to the end user as a tickbox next to skill class but I appreciate that adding to a dropdown box is probably alot quicker than changing the entire look of the GUI :D :D

My personal list of things to check today include: I think I saw her user P.Needle when set only use Pre Homunc.S skills and I think i saw her use Caprice when set to Homunc.S skills only, but I shall investigate before I come back with this. I do confirm however that if you have her set to Minions and Homunculus.S skills but have P.Needle set to false in the Homunculus option she will use Caprice which I believe to be unintended behavior? surely she should just auto attack. But during the day I will confirm all of these things, Time to log in!

Edited by deanoreadman3, 02 April 2013 - 01:00 AM.

#358 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

Ah, sorry. I'm always at a loss at what will be possible and won't be possible, I really thought the (API?) system would let you build something that let the pet count to 60 (59) and allow the function of not using anything but auto attacks around the 57 seconds mark of those 60 (59) seconds and that the call to do the counting could be internally reset to start counting again from the call to cast painkiller. That was the idea in my head anyway :P

I'll do this right now.

My friend was on a 4 day weekend up until today and leveling a level 1 novice to 91 High Priest used up most of my time but i'll be a little more focused on this now and leveling a Rune Knight while i'm thinking on things :P

While it's always nice to have things fixed I also love to know why things were a problem in the first place, now initially when you sent me the first file you said

And while this was absolutely 100% correct it should also be noted that on the current live version that's up for download for everyone when you mouse over and get the tooltip for SeraCallLegionLevel it says "Use this level of Call Legion. Overridden by skill tactics." So an end user like me might think that with the other option set as UseSeraCallLegion=1 (which I did have turned on) things would still work and she would summon the Vespa's as the level is set by skill tactics. With the way it works with the version you have sent me I think perhaps the SeraCallLegionLevel may be redundant and retireable in the GUI for the end user if you can set the level in the tactics.

Well, it's technically true, but in most cases it won't be overridden (it can be overridden by the "once, level:" option for skill tactic). Zero really shouldn't be an option for this, and I need to find and fix the GUI to enforce that.

I also still believe that adding call legion on the configuration utility should be represented to the end user as a tickbox next to skill class but I appreciate that adding to a dropdown box is probably alot quicker than changing the entire look of the GUI :D :D

Would also require reworking the AI side as well. Not happening in the near future.

My personal list of things to check today include: I think I saw her user P.Needle when set only use Pre Homunc.S skills and I think i saw her use Caprice when set to Homunc.S skills only, but I shall investigate before I come back with this. I do confirm however that if you have her set to Minions and Homunculus.S skills but have P.Needle set to false in the Homunculus option she will use Caprice which I believe to be unintended behavior? surely she should just auto attack. But during the day I will confirm all of these things, Time to log in!

That is definitely a bug.

#359 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

Bloody hell, logged in and she isn't casting Painkiller at all, wondering what on earth I did wrong. I'll keep a copy of whatever I did to break it and will try starting with a fresh install of what we've got so far :wah:

Ok, Painkiller all up and functioning, guess it was a user error :D

When you said It's still 60 seconds in the version you got, per changelog. Forgot to set it to 59 seconds.

I think you ment H_SkillList.lua :P

EDIT: going to put all the things on my list for investigate today down to temparary madness, I think what we have so far including 59 seconds PK is actually ready for release for Sera Users, 59 seconds is glorious btw, shall I zip up my folder and mail it back to you as a release version? :D

Edited by deanoreadman3, 02 April 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#360 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Can you reproduce the issue with sera using Caprice with Minion and S skills only, or Needle with Minion + old skills only?

#361 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

I didn't manage to in the end, I think I clearly must have done something very weird, which also broke painkiller casting.

This fresh install I did seems to be spotless so far. Its initial Email Build + Painkiller Timeout Fixed + 59 seconds PK. Worked fine with both P.needle + Vespa and Caprice + Vespa on the same Incarnation mob I tried before, and 40 mins or so at OD2.

#362 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Excellent.

The final version is done, except for the documentation - I have all the new content ready, but the only current copy of the .doc formatted documentation (ie, editable) is stored on a dark blue flash drive last seen around dev 11, when I made the current pdf. So this step is not trivial. Know a good PDF editor?

#363 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Uhh Adobe have something for everything if you have a spare £300 or lying around, A little outside the budget of a hobby though I bet :P

Going to throw a wildcard at you today, Is it possible the painkiller repeat loop bug thingy is something to do with the Painkiller Friends and Remember Painkiller Friends Option? had no problems with it for a while then turned it on for a little Thief in OD2 that was struggling and then... boom problems. Just a hunch there might be a typo or copy paste error somewhere in that for that system.

I remember a little while back when we didn't have painkiller friends I didn't seem to have so many issues with it too. Just a hunch though like I say, the only way I can think of testing it is a week with them on and a week with them off D:

#364 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Thanks, issue fixed.

PainkillerFriends was using UseSeraPainkiller for it's buffmode; this is of course not supported; PainkillerFriends is only intended to work with buffmode=1 (when idle, ie, between monsters), not with buffmode=3 (asap)

Edited by DrAzzy, 03 April 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#365 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

So I did it, I guessed it? :D Aren't you glad i'm testing :P

#366 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

So I did it, I guessed it? :D Aren't you glad i'm testing :P

Yeah, keep breaking stuff.

Someone has reported an issue with the GUI allowing bad values through, but not provided more detail.

#367 Alainch2o

Alainch2o

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Finally In here :D

OK now I open the Gui and tell Azzy what I discovered:
a ) MobileAggroDist
( description end short " This value should be less" > less then what?
That made me think when I got the nihhil value errors.
Connected with me modifying :
b ) FollowStayBack
c ) IdleWalkDistance
d ) StationaryMoveBound

So first I set:
StationaryAggroDist 14 ( never changed it after)
a ) to 14 > to get the monster in front of the owner
b ) to 1 > to keep the Homu near to me
c ) to 2 > same reason

Errors (cant remember the name of the value)
Now the value are a b c > 10 4 11
no errors

Then I set the
UseIdleWalk to > circle
Errors Nihil in another place
Solved putting
StationaryMoveBound to 15 instead of 14

I'm hurrying and write this all on memory..... because you said you are in a hurry
But if needed I will try to reproduce it myself.

Thanks for the good job !!

Edited by Alainch2o, 03 April 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#368 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

If you want to send me exactly the files you are working with now (minus PDF :P) I can keep on quality testing if you like while making sure we have the exact same files, I've Spent 12 hours quality testing in OD2 at my keyboard with what I have at the moment and it all seems OK for that low level kind of work with no glaring abnormalities.

After I wake up tomorrow I'll probably take her out to do some higher HP mobs and other situations though.

Edited by deanoreadman3, 03 April 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#369 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'll send you latest in a bit, going to investigate those issues reported above.

#370 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Finally In here :D

OK now I open the Gui and tell Azzy what I discovered:
a ) MobileAggroDist
( description end short " This value should be less" > less then what?
That made me think when I got the nihhil value errors.
Connected with me modifying :
b ) FollowStayBack
c ) IdleWalkDistance
d ) StationaryMoveBound

So first I set:
StationaryAggroDist 14 ( never changed it after)
a ) to 14 > to get the monster in front of the owner
b ) to 1 > to keep the Homu near to me
c ) to 2 > same reason

Errors (cant remember the name of the value)
Now the value are a b c > 10 4 11
no errors

Then I set the
UseIdleWalk to > circle
Errors Nihil in another place
Solved putting
StationaryMoveBound to 15 instead of 14

I'm hurrying and write this all on memory..... because you said you are in a hurry
But if needed I will try to reproduce it myself.

Thanks for the good job !!

I cannot reproduce these errors. Can you try to reproduce and get the line number of the error, and the error that shows before the nil value error? (All errors in lua give a useful error, followed by "attempt to call nil value". So the first error is the one we want.

#371 Alainch2o

Alainch2o

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

Seens to have to do with UseIdleWalk = random and the value in StationaryMoveBounds

I reduced the range of move 8 instead of 15. ( was in Allarm and didn't want it to walk to far)

error disappear putting it back to 15

---------------------------
AI.lua error
./AI/USER_AI/AI_main.lua:2653: attempt to concatenate global 'distance' (a nil value)

OK

Edited by Alainch2o, 04 April 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#372 andr0s

andr0s

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

Hi there DrAzzy!
I have a problem with the AI. First of all congratulations for your work, Azzyai in my opinion is much better than any other Ais, none of them have so many options and be so configurable. That's why after several days triyng to make it works i dont wanna give up. I've tried different versions of the program, and having the same problem with all of them. Simply doesn't work, I'm very sure that is installed and configured properly, i have some informatic knowledge, enough to configure it, and modifing files. I use the /hoai command and relog but still doesn't work. My homunculus (vanil) don't attack at all, despite he isn't in standby mode and de Default tactic behaviour is set to attack, and also tried setting a specific mob to be attacked. Nothing works. All the other stuff that i can test works fine: idlewalk, idlewalkdistance, followstayback... but doesn't attack. Maybe is a problem with Aggro HP/SP? i tried setting this parameter to 60, 20, 0.. and nothing. Please i would thank any help because i'm out of solutions.

Sorry if my english isn't good enough, i'm from Spain and my only learning source are original version movies and games Xd
Thank you very much for advance for your help, i hope to fix it!!

Regards, and congratulations for the developement, it's great ;)

#373 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Hi there DrAzzy!
I have a problem with the AI. First of all congratulations for your work, Azzyai in my opinion is much better than any other Ais, none of them have so many options and be so configurable. That's why after several days triyng to make it works i dont wanna give up. I've tried different versions of the program, and having the same problem with all of them. Simply doesn't work, I'm very sure that is installed and configured properly, i have some informatic knowledge, enough to configure it, and modifing files. I use the /hoai command and relog but still doesn't work. My homunculus (vanil) don't attack at all, despite he isn't in standby mode and de Default tactic behaviour is set to attack, and also tried setting a specific mob to be attacked. Nothing works. All the other stuff that i can test works fine: idlewalk, idlewalkdistance, followstayback... but doesn't attack. Maybe is a problem with Aggro HP/SP? i tried setting this parameter to 60, 20, 0.. and nothing. Please i would thank any help because i'm out of solutions.

Sorry if my english isn't good enough, i'm from Spain and my only learning source are original version movies and games Xd
Thank you very much for advance for your help, i hope to fix it!!

Regards, and congratulations for the developement, it's great ;)

You are playing on a unofficial Ragnarok Online server using EAthena on a 99% likelyhood. If you are and you want the AI to work the only known sollution is to start playing on your nearest official server. I think there is a Russian Ragnarok Online if you happen to speak Russian, Internation Ragnarok Online which is where we play, There might be a Brazilian Ragnarok Online I have no idea really :P

There is a slim chance being on a unofficial server is not the problem, but please post back confirming you are on Iro or something similar first before we use any more time :P

Additional information: Unnofficial servers do not have all the files they need like Official servers, they just use the picture graphics from the real game and then guess how everything works! you might have monsters with the wrong drops, the wrong exp and behave completely wrong and specifically for us the AI for the homunculus cannot detect the fake monsters, and do what you described

Edited by deanoreadman3, 05 April 2013 - 02:55 AM.

#374 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Yeah - that sounds like expected behavior on eA-based pserver. AzzyAI relies on patterns in how actor ID's are assigned by the official server software in order to tell the difference between PVP-enabled players and monsters in a manner that will work on both homuns and mercs. eA assigns actor ID's very differently, so AzzyAI thinks the monsters are players and that it's on a PVP enabled map.

There are of course a few ways I could fix this, but I don't particularly want to (at least not for free), because pserver players aren't contributing to development and operating costs of RO. I play RO (who'd have thought?) and so naturally I want to see continued operation and development of the official RO servers.

Seens to have to do with UseIdleWalk = random and the value in StationaryMoveBounds

I reduced the range of move 8 instead of 15. ( was in Allarm and didn't want it to walk to far)

error disappear putting it back to 15

AI.lua error
./AI/USER_AI/AI_main.lua:2653: attempt to concatenate global 'distance' (a nil value)

OK

Are you sure you're using UseIdleWalk=Random?

When I set UseIdleWalk=random, the GUI saves it as UseIdleWalk=4 (which is what it should do), while line 2653 is in a block that only executes when UseIdleWalk=5 or 6 (for route walk). There IS an issue with route walk that causes that error, but I'm not sure how you could trigger it with UseIdleWalk=4 (random). I am also baffled as to how StationaryMoveBounds could influence this.

This should fix it (1.50 latest - at work so I can't access my normal website) http://www.fileswap.com/dl/nzrNouCeuY/

Edited by DrAzzy, 05 April 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#375 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

I think people go to those servers to avoid paying anyone money :P

Edited by deanoreadman3, 05 April 2013 - 05:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users