WoE Rebalance and Event WoEs - Page 8 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WoE Rebalance and Event WoEs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
394 replies to this topic

#176 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:12 PM

So what does a comment like this really do to help Classic? I don't want to see posts like this on the boards. 

because i'm stating what would happen.  All the major cheating guilds out there would quit if they don't have the gear to carry their garbage members.  Players want to get rid of cheaters, so server reset, and they'll stop playing.  Players want a non toxic community, so server reset and a lot of the toxic members would stop playing.  Whats the issue here?  Issue is that you guys will never do a server reset, and the only course of action you guys are willing to take is to cater to the remaining players.

This discussion is about woe rebalance.  One major problem that the community cannot resolve is the concentration of player skill and item power within a few handful of players and that is one of the most pressing issues that needs to be address for woe to ever be "balanced".  The reason it is a problem is that some of the groups of players that have the concentration of skill/power is pretty damn toxic.  No matter what rebalance of gear you do, that toxic group of players with a serious chunk of potential player power will still be there being as toxic as they want.  Even if you achieve perfect gear balance, it will not be enough as long as they have a reason to still play.

Look at the players that stick around and then do an analysis of the consequences of their actions compared to the reasons why people quit classic.  Figure that out and then ask yourself if you really want to cater all your efforts towards them.  I'll save you the trouble.  The answer is no.  The people that you would want to stick around would still support you no matter what choices you make.  It is the actions of the community that makes them leave, not yours.  They would offer you support even if you don't want or like it.  They may hate your guts and would still offer to help. 

#177 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:20 PM

nerf mvp nerf god

:heh:

#178 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:23 PM

nerf mvp nerf god

ikr some of those MVPs are really broken. Stuff like FBH, HW etc, but if there's one card that needs to be nerfed it's Tanee. I think I might have a chat to the CMs on Skype about getting it looked at, since I don't think the discussion will fly here.

#179 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:50 PM

and GTB.

#180 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:37 PM

because i'm stating what would happen.  All the major cheating guilds out there would quit if they don't have the gear to carry their garbage members.  Players want to get rid of cheaters, so server reset, and they'll stop playing.  Players want a non toxic community, so server reset and a lot of the toxic members would stop playing.  Whats the issue here?  Issue is that you guys will never do a server reset, and the only course of action you guys are willing to take is to cater to the remaining players.

This discussion is about woe rebalance.  One major problem that the community cannot resolve is the concentration of player skill and item power within a few handful of players and that is one of the most pressing issues that needs to be address for woe to ever be "balanced".  The reason it is a problem is that some of the groups of players that have the concentration of skill/power is pretty damn toxic.  No matter what rebalance of gear you do, that toxic group of players with a serious chunk of potential player power will still be there being as toxic as they want.  Even if you achieve perfect gear balance, it will not be enough as long as they have a reason to still play.

Look at the players that stick around and then do an analysis of the consequences of their actions compared to the reasons why people quit classic.  Figure that out and then ask yourself if you really want to cater all your efforts towards them.  I'll save you the trouble.  The answer is no.  The people that you would want to stick around would still support you no matter what choices you make.  It is the actions of the community that makes them leave, not yours.  They would offer you support even if you don't want or like it.  They may hate your guts and would still offer to help. 

Your logic is backwards

Gear is not cheating.

By resetting you punish the players who actually played to earned their gear (who will leave) - and the people who cheated to get it... will just cheat again.

#181 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:55 PM

and GTB.

We've already discussed GTB's purpose, usage and significant drawbacks which prevent it from being "OP" - especially in a GvG format where solo heroics don't work - unlike other cards that provide more significant overall benefits / sheer power with fewer, if any balancing negative effects. If you'd do us all the honour of reading back over the conversation here you'd know that :^)

#182 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

Ofc. Don't nerf the item vh has abundance of lol. FYI. No fbh was used last woe. Find something else to nerf.

#183 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:12 AM

We've already discussed GTB's purpose, usage and significant drawbacks which prevent it from being "OP" - especially in a GvG format where solo heroics don't work - unlike other cards that provide more significant overall benefits / sheer power with fewer, if any balancing negative effects. If you'd do us all the honour of reading back over the conversation here you'd know that :^)

You mean you have presented your faulty arguments which almost nobody agreed with some pages back? I thought that's what you said.

I personally think nothing needs to be changed. There's nothing wrong with certain items not being very balanced, it's part of RO. If you feel so strongly about hibram needing a change, it naturally follows that GTB and a few other extremely powerful items would have to be changed as well. For your information, a frontline Biochem wearing a GTB is borderline ridiculous and has nothing to do with solo heroics.

Edited by Hrishi, 01 December 2015 - 12:17 AM.

#184 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:12 AM

Lol gtb no op. K

#185 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:19 AM

what is taking 30% more from gfist and how does gtb block gloria domini

/dum

ITT : we compare a single target card with an AOE one. Spock would be ashamed.

#186 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:23 AM

Completely nullify magic damages and most of debuffs, works regardless of classes, are not op. But 50% more magic damage which only works well with 2 classed are op.

Spock couldn't comprehend.

#187 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:28 AM

One might say a GTB should be upgraded be AOE with that logic. Also since zero friendly skills/buffs go through gtb, perhaps it should also block gloria domini.

*4 classes fyi

nevermind destroying the paladin with gtb on.

#188 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:29 AM

Completely nullify magic damages and most of debuffs, works regardless of classes, are not op. But 50% more magic damage which only works well with 2 classed are op.

Spock couldn't comprehend.

effect doesnt seem to exist in classic the best they could do is +50% vs all elements which include physical attacks as well which is fine imo

#189 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:34 AM

Wizards nuke themselfs quit a bit with hibriam and our 1.0 precast was breached several times and recalled in twice so hibriam is not as op as players think. Gtbs pros overweight any cons it has vs survivability are negated though sac and other cards unless he gets lit up by a unconventional woe roster it is the highest burst dps that even autopotz can't keep up with at times

#190 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:35 AM

Omg I can't get buff wearing gtb. How can I switch gears? Can you make it blocks gd as well? Gtb is currently underpowered. Plz.

#191 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:35 AM

Wizards nuke themselfs quit a bit with hibriam and our 1.0 precast was breached several times and recalled in twice so hibriam is not as op as players think. Gtbs pros overweight any cons it has vs survivability are negated though sac and other cards unless he gets lit up by a unconventional woe roster it is the highest burst dps that even autopotz can't keep up with at times

You're the expert....

:p_idea:

#192 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:37 AM

Gd is deadly. My 20b worth MVP card should handle it. Sob

#193 SeanQQ

SeanQQ

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:01 AM

This is why these threads never work. Guilds like to use these threads to benefit them. Well Campitor, if you must know what kind of people you're dealing with. I'll tell you. They are delusional kids with no idea about the mechanics of the game after playing it for most their life. They are just as bad as you are, knowledge wise, so do not feel bad that your ideas are kind of iffy. They can not comprehend that someone that plays with just basic battleground gears can do more than them, and will jump ship to gods, mvps, ndl, ap as reasons why. 

https://ropd.info/?n...vel&dir=asc&s=6

Look at the basic butt gears I use. I do not cry about fbh, gtbs, or whatever when I die. If I die or have trouble in WoE, it is because I am not working with my guild properly or my guild just fails lol I like to think it's the second. I'm a god. 

WoE is not solo-hero time. It's a coordination game and every MvP cards have counters, except orc heroes. Don't know why people are complaining about fbh and gtb, orc heroes is where the op lies but i ain't gonna be a whiner. So why hurt your head arguing for their nerfs when the simple solution is to just play with your guild better? Why is it GMs' job to fix poor play.  

inb4 Sean are you ban evading. And ignore the sensible knowledge bombs that I drop on these threads. Lets see if I get banned, I went through the trouble of putting up an Avatar, should be hint enough that Imma try and "behave" as if I was not before. But lets see how far bias goes.

- New, Improved, & Behaved Forum Member Sean.

Oda: User is not allowed back on the forums. 

#194 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:14 AM

RIP Sean. Oh joking lol.

#195 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:24 AM

This is why these threads never work. Guilds like to use these threads to benefit them. Well Campitor, if you must know what kind of people you're dealing with. I'll tell you. They are delusional kids with no idea about the mechanics of the game after playing it for most their life. They are just as bad as you are, knowledge wise, so do not feel bad that your ideas are kind of iffy. They can not comprehend that someone that plays with just basic battleground gears can do more than them, and will jump ship to gods, mvps, ndl, ap as reasons why. 

https://ropd.info/?n...vel&dir=asc&s=6

Look at the basic butt gears I use. I do not cry about fbh, gtbs, or whatever when I die. If I die or have trouble in WoE, it is because I am not working with my guild properly or my guild just fails lol I like to think it's the second. I'm a god. 

WoE is not solo-hero time. It's a coordination game and every MvP cards have counters, except orc heroes. Don't know why people are complaining about fbh and gtb, orc heroes is where the op lies but i ain't gonna be a whiner. So why hurt your head arguing for their nerfs when the simple solution is to just play with your guild better? Why is it GMs' job to fix poor play.  

inb4 Sean are you ban evading. And ignore the sensible knowledge bombs that I drop on these threads. Lets see if I get banned, I went through the trouble of putting up an Avatar, should be hint enough that Imma try and "behave" as if I was not before. But lets see how far bias goes.

- New, Improved, & Behaved Forum Member Sean.

Something about provoke and gtb in gd - great mastery of mechanics.... ¬¬

I probably shouldn't reply to you, but I'm gonna because it's worth throwing out there that the correct way to ask to be allowed to participate in a community again is to contact the CM and talk to them about it, not just show up and play the bias card. Posts that are like blablabla bad aren't really necessary, just a simple explaination of the mechanics involved is.

Edited by Xellie, 01 December 2015 - 01:29 AM.

#196 SeanQQ

SeanQQ

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:29 AM

^ i am not one of the people that's been playing this game most their life. I figured out the problems fast enough though. Did not go crying for phen to be nerfed in gd tho now did I? Why be so personal to me. I'm a changed person on the "forums." You're personally attacking me and your post is not even related to the topic. i don't get how your behavior is any better than mine. But yeah. Keep baiting me, I'll always take it np. I live to make you look righteous.

p.s. This is a WoE thread, not a gd thread. The mechanics are different. You 100% know more about gd and pvm stuff than me, but I am pretty darn sure I know more about WoEing. 

Edited by SeanQQ, 01 December 2015 - 01:32 AM.

#197 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:32 AM

^ i am not one of the people that's been playing this game most their life. I figured out the problems fast enough though. Did not go crying for phen to be nerfed in gd tho now did I? Why be so personal to me. I'm a changed person on the "forums." You're personally attacking me and your post is not even related to the topic. i don't get how your behavior is any better than mine. But yeah. Keep baiting me, I'll always take it np. I live to make you look righteous.

k

kinda wanna point out, nobody in valhalla asked for hibram to be nerfed. lol

Edited by Xellie, 01 December 2015 - 01:38 AM.

#198 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts
  • LocationLeader Hermandad De Sagitarium
  • Server:Chaos ( Renewall )

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:32 AM

an option . It is take a vote on the entire server. they say about MVPs card and remove items woe god. difinitivo. and serious by popular vote. a democratic game. with principles. say that the voice of the people must be heard. people actually playing all. not only some. we hear from those who are not in forum. only they engage in play.We listen and make a vote for the server in woe. it is more balanced and not only one player can kill all :) a simple review of a humble player (2002 playing Ragnarok)

#199 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:40 AM

an option . It is take a vote on the entire server. they say about MVPs card and remove items woe god. difinitivo. and serious by popular vote. a democratic game. with principles. say that the voice of the people must be heard. people actually playing all. not only some. we hear from those who are not in forum. only they engage in play.We listen and make a vote for the server in woe. it is more balanced and not only one player can kill all :) a simple review of a humble player (2002 playing Ragnarok)

Wrong server, and I'm pretty sure the voting system would be abused to manipulate the results anyway, unless Sec9 made a custom NPC that logged user and account details.

#200 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:55 AM

k

kinda wanna point out, nobody in valhalla asked for hibram to be nerfed. lol

No.. Just you, and rojokywhateverthenameis and the rest of vh c:

Again to point out: No fbh was used last woe. Find something else to nerf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users